Photo help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo help please?

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to try and make the name and details on the plaque a bit clearer please? Someone sent it to me and apparently it is quite faded with age. I'm not sure if it's possible?

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I have had a look at photo but i was not able to improve it

Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Had a look but the image is very small and the glass reflections don't help either. Sorry!
      Anne

Comment

Thank you both for trying I thought it might be pretty impossible.

Comment

I didn't attempt to alter it but I can read it.. not that that is what you were asking though!
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Part of me would like it to be more easily readable Julie, so that others can read it. I would also like to be sure what it says though. I know that it's Corp. George Whetton and I think it says No 3164. I'm not entirely sure which number comes before Bn Notts and Derby Reg't though. Is it 36?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              Part of me would like it to be more easily readable Julie, so that others can read it. I would also like to be sure what it says though. I know that it's Corp. George Whetton and I think it says No 3164. I'm not entirely sure which number comes before Bn Notts and Derby Reg't though. Is it 36?
              No 3164 is right, I think that it says 'unit 2 6 Bn Notts & Derby Regt.

I am working on the image and trying different things out to get it look better

btw is this your picture? I mean is is the photo in the frame yours? and someone has had it in sunlight so it has bleached the wording. Really it needs to be behind some archival glass and kept out of the light.
              Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie No, unfortunately it isn't mine. It was sent to me by a new contact and the 'picture' was apparently inherited by her grandmother, who still has it hanging up. She tells me that it is very faded and that was the best she could manage.

Comment

Thanks Julie No, unfortunately it isn't mine. It was sent to me by a new contact and the 'picture' was apparently inherited by her grandmother, who still has it hanging up. She tells me that it is very faded and that was the best she could manage.
                  I have emailed you x
                  Julie

Comment

I have replied - thank you again

Comment

this any better? [sorry my calligraphy isn't up to much though!]

Julie

Comment

Wow, Julie, how did you do that?? Looks lovely
                        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                          Wow, Julie, how did you do that?? Looks lovely
                          Anne
                          :emb: thanks Anne, I just had it in an editing program and used my tablet drawing pad, I tried several times to 'write' with my mouse but gave up in the end and resorted to the tablet.. [and it must be at least 17yrs old!, didn't even think it'd work with win 10 but it does]
                          Julie

Comment

So did you write it with a stylus? I have tried a number of times to draw or write with the mouse but its always very shaky, no matter how I try. Its OK for a quick note on a 'snip' but nowhere near good enough for this sort of thing. Well done!
                            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                              So did you write it with a stylus? I have tried a number of times to draw or write with the mouse but its always very shaky, no matter how I try. Its OK for a quick note on a 'snip' but nowhere near good enough for this sort of thing. Well done!
                              Anne
                              Yes my tablet came with a 'pen/stylus' and a mouse.

that's the one I have it was about £40 17 years ago... but I bet you can get them cheaper nowadays. if you zoom right in to it it isn't very 'neat' but at a distance it looks better. and thanks :emb:
                              Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-04-16, 22:27.
                              Julie

Comment

Isn't she brilliant, I would never have thought it could be done so well.

THANK YOU Julie for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated

Comment

Isn't she brilliant, I would never have thought it could be done so well.

THANK YOU Julie for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated
                                  You are very welcome Chris, I had to dig out my tablet and was very doubtful as to whether it'd work or not but it did, I am quite pleased with the result and that I also managed to get the colour Gold near to the 'Border' colour as I could.

And at least now it is straight and you could crop it and print it off for your records too. :smilee:
                                  Julie

Comment

Already on to that Julie It useful now in many ways

Comment

Working...
                                    X