Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inability to access Ancestry.co.uk from Spain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inability to access Ancestry.co.uk from Spain!

Have been in Spain for almost 6 weeks - every day I try to get into ancestry - I have correct password etc BUT I have never been able to get in - it accepts (now) my password etc but from thereonin I cannot proceed.
    I cannot think of any reason why this should be so. Any clues please on "how to".
    (I am a member with Tree on the site but not a paying member at the moment thank goodness)

Sue

No idea, Sue. Shouldn't be a problem. Are you using the correct username (account name) as well as password?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, Yes, using all correct things and just after I put message on FTF I got into the first page of ancestry but could go no further.
      Husband reckons it is because I am on his laptop and it is password protected but I put it in and as long as everything after that is correct I cannot see why I cannot get in. Perhaps there is another problem also ...... we can get sky TV and no BBC programmes - nothing else at all in fact - they stopped less than a week after we arrived! Normally getting into ancestry is exactly the same as getting into FTF.

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue1 View Post
        Have been in Spain for almost 6 weeks - every day I try to get into ancestry - I have correct password etc BUT I have never been able to get in - it accepts (now) my password etc but from thereonin I cannot proceed.
        I cannot think of any reason why this should be so. Any clues please on "how to".
        (I am a member with Tree on the site but not a paying member at the moment thank goodness)

Sue
        If you use Chrome, you may need to switch off AdBlocker - unless I have AdBlocker turned off I can do nothing on Ancetsry, apart from logging on. Alternatively, try Firefox which I find runs fine with AdBocker turned on ...
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
          If you use Chrome, you may need to switch off AdBlocker ...
          How strange - I always use Chrome with AdBlock enabled. Doesn't seem to cause a problem.
          Elaine

Comment

so do I

Comment

Many thanks - I use Yahoo here in Spain since that is what my husband uses - at home, on my own computer, I use Firefox. Not entirely sure what has gone wrong but suspect the laptop I am using needs a visit to computer "doctor"! Returning to UK on Tuesday so will be patient with difficulty!

Comment

Working...
              X