Help with note in 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with note in 1939

Can anybody tell me what this says its on the same line as a man I think was my uncle using an assumed name ,and his name has been crossed through.Henry W 1939.jpg
    Thanks

Rm28 c120 4.7.1942.
    Effect regn at ALHF 44 - 1

The ALHF 44 number I think is the National Identity No. The date it took effect was 4 July 1942

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks for looking JBee still confused ,why would it say that

Comment

I'm not sure what it all means but agree with JBee about the number. There's an explanation about the numbers here

and particularly this bit

Approximately 46 million cards were issued. The identity card had 2 pages and at top of each page the enumerator entered the person's name and their identity card number. This card number consisted of a four letter enumeration district code plus the line number of the schedule that was completed by the enumerator, e.g. for area ABCD, schedule line 24, 3rd person in the household the card number would have been "ABCD 24/3"
        ALHF seems to be one of the areas in Islington - all the Islington numbers start with AL. I've no idea how you would find where in particular that number is but ALHF 44-1 would be part of Islington, schedule 44, first person on the schedule

The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.
        Jackie

Comment

hyer Jackie and thanks Islington does not seem right for my man so maybe it isn't him then, seems a coincidence right first name and middle initial and right birth date, he was known to use false names.

Comment

Working...
          X