Help needed with email from Ancestry please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with email from Ancestry please

My friend received this email, and hasn't a clue what it means and neither have I

As of April 4th, 2016, you will no longer have access to your original MyCanvas projects (family history books, family tree posters, calendars, etc.) stored on Ancestry.com. Good news, you can transfer your projects to the new MyCanvas now owned by Alexander’s and continue working. Just click the Save My Project link to login to Ancestry and begin the transfer to MyCanvas where all new projects are now saved. You may be required to register on MyCanvas to complete the transfer of projects. All projects not transferred before April 4th, 2016 will be removed and will no longer be accessible or recoverable by Ancestry or the MyCanvas teams.

Your friend must have started making a book or family tree in My Canvas.

On Ancestry's black top bar select from EXTRAS drop down box, click on Photo books and Posters and then find My Projects/My Canvas.
    Any work will be found in there. Ancestry have passed on MY Canvas to Alexanders.

If you follow the link they suggested in their post you will find it that way. Your friend must have forgotten that she started a project - like we do lol!
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 01-04-16, 16:10.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank very much, does it mean that she can still get her stuff on Ancestry though??

Linda

Comment

Yes. It's only the projects - My Canvas - that has been sold on.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks very much for your help

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X