X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP new releases

This week we've added over 833,000 new records including:

National School Admission Registers & Log-Books, 1870-1914
    The final batch of records in this project are now available to search, allowing you to uncover fascinating details of your ancestor's education such as exam results and any illnesses that led to absence. A rare glimpse into their early lives »

Worcestershire Baptisms
    Over 8,900 records have been added to our collection of Worcestershire baptisms. Use them along with new additions to Worcestershire marriages and burials to flesh out your family tree. From cradle to grave »

Middlesex Baptisms, 1543-1876

Hmmmm! I presume that will make the site even slower!
    Anne

Comment

National School Admission Registers & Log-Books, 1870-1914
      full of excitement I logged on, tried a variety of search names and got NO RESULTS each time ... so decided to try a few surnames and kept getting just ONE school, the same BOYS school each time for Leicester, so presume that's the only one transcribed/available. :(
      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
        full of excitement I logged on, tried a variety of search names and got NO RESULTS each time ... so decided to try a few surnames and kept getting just ONE school, the same BOYS school each time for Leicester, so presume that's the only one transcribed/available. :(
        Same here. Only managed to find one of my four grandparents, and as a 9yo she was at school, apparently, 20 miles away from where they lived. No wonder she was only there for a fortnight! ;)

STG
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

oh dear was hoping for some fun today ,

Comment

Here's a link to the list of schools covered. I have plenty of my Bedfordshire family on the site but Essex doesn't appear at all. Guessing Essex Record Office haven't done a deal with FMP as some National school admission registers are listed on the ERO website.

Last edited by JudithM; 01-04-16, 15:00.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks for the link Judith .... I was hopeful when I saw Leicestershire listed .... but only 1 Boys' school actually in Leicester all the rest in the county!
              :(
              Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                Here's a link to the list of schools covered .... but Essex doesn't appear at all ...
                Nor Warwickshire . Still, at least it explains why I can't find them, rather than them not actually having been to school ;)

STG
                Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

I was so lucky my families little village school in Moreton Pinkney Northamptonshire is there and found the majority of my family on it

Hope your's get added soon

Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X