anybody read this please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody read this please

I can read bits , but not all, and is Daniel crossed out deliberately or does it just look like it thanksCaroline Gill.jpg

Hi Val

This is what I think it says

Marr'd at Bishopsgate 30 yrs ago on 18th May next to Daniel Gill dec'd 17 months. 5 ch by him Caroline 28, Mary Ann 26, Jas 23, Daniel 19 (crossed out) Elizabeth 17 & Ann 15yrs. Don't know what psh her husbd belonged to. Her far Joseph George rented a ho no. 6 Pear Tree Cot Shoreditch at 6/6 a (mth or wk?) held ??? 16 yrs & ??? and left same upwards of 20 yrs ago & never ??? her p? Daur Mary Ann was born at No 1 Jane Shore Cot. Shoreditch & the ??? Mary Ann has a B.C
    and this is what I think it means

Married at Bishopsgate 30 years ago on 18th May next to Daniel Gill, deceased 17 months.

5 children by him - Caroline 28, Mary Ann 26, James 23, Elizabeth 17 and Ann 15 years.

Don't know what parish her husband belonged to.

Her father, Joseph George, rented a house number 6 Pear Tree Cottage, Shoreditch at 6/6 a month. Held ??? 16 years and ??? and left same upwards of 20 years ago and never ??? her ???

Daughter Mary Ann was born at number 1 Jane Shore Court Shoreditch and the ??? Mary Ann has a BC (birth certificate?)
    Jackie

Comment

hi Jackie nice to see you and thanks for that its strange she says 5 children because she had 7 including Daniel and George , wonder why Daniel is crossed out?, and I cannot find George born 1833 Bethnal Green either.after 1841

Comment

Good to see you too

I presume they'd died?

BTW I've looked at it again and I think the first residence is Pear Tree Court, not Cottage
        Jackie

Comment

hi again so is she saying how many children are alive then rather than how many she had? is she saying Daniel died at aged 19, by the way I just found George's burial which is why she does not mention him , but not found Daniel's yet.
          Thanks again Jackie

Comment

I'm guessing so. What year was the document and when was Daniel born? What was the last evidence you've got of Daniel (the son) being alive?
            Jackie

Comment

That record was in 1848 ,just found another workhouse record for her and her married daughter, wish they typed them ;D, must have been very hard for her after her husband died, only found Daniels Bap nothing else , thanks Jackie

Comment

So was the death of Daniel Gill in Bethnal Green Dec 1846 her husband?
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

yes Chrissie thanks for looking, I intend to find Daniel jnr tonight;D
                  Last edited by Guest; 21-03-16, 20:42.

Comment

So is this Daniel the father's burial (transcribed as Gell)

Where did you find George's burial?
                    Jackie

Comment

hi yes that the Father Jackie ,found George here in The Gibralter Burial Ground Bethnal Green

Comment

just realised he cannot be in 1841 if he died in 1829 ? wonder if she had another George ?oh blast

Comment

Working...
                        X