Better eyes than mine @1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better eyes than mine @1939

Anybody who has access to FindMyPast 1939 register, any guesses as to the date of birth of Alise Blake entry 35-2 would be appreciated.
    Sheet at http://search.findmypast.co.uk/recor...626%2F6626B%2F 004%2F36
    Or can be found via Ernest Blake dob 5 11 1884 where= Saxmundham

TIA
    DGJay

What about 27 Feb 1885 ?

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Or 27 or 29 Sept 1885 ?

STG

Comment

Comparing the other entries on the page I thought 27 as with Helen Baldry and poss Jan as with Harry Balls but as to the year, I am reasonably sure that is 1887 (not from this but other information I have about her)
        DGJay

Comment

I'm not seeing 1887 at all. It might be what you were expecting, but it might not be what has been written. I've seen a few where the dates have been awry from what's expected, but it's impossible to know whether the person giving the information was economical with the truth, or whether the enumerator wrote it down wrongly.

STG

Comment

STG
            Absolutely agree with you.
            Looking at the year alone, it possibly might be 188? but it could also be anybodies guess
            Can only assume that whoever looked after the books had shares in selotape
            Last edited by DgJay; 12-03-16, 15:01.
            DGJay

Comment

27th for the day but I can't be sure of the month. All I can see of the year is 18??

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
                but as to the year, I am reasonably sure that is 1887 (not from this but other information I have about her)
                Can you please tell us what the other information you have is and where you got it from?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this is her Birth Registration abt Mar 1887, registered at Norwich Office, reference: vol 4B page 126, her maiden name was Alice Emily Symonds, sometimes called Alice or Emily or Caroline.
                  The Jan would fit in with the abt Mar.
                  DGJay

Comment

and her death date: Abt Dec 1950, registered at Blyth Office, reference: vol 4B page 693 age 63 years
                    DGJay

Comment

I've found an Ernest and Alice Blake couple on the 1911 census living in Old Catton, with children - 2yo Eva Ma[r]y and 1yr old Ernest. Says he's 26 (so b abt 1884-5) b Lower Hellesdon; she's 25 (so b abt 1855-6) b Old Catton.

STG

Comment

STG

They're the ones
                        DGJay

Comment

The GRO marriage index for that couple is Ernest Blake and Alice Caroline Symonds.

Comment

I'm afraid it appears she used Alice or Emily or Caroline or any combination of those names..see post #9
                            DGJay

Comment

Working...
                            X