Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace Cannon Philadelphia 1922 - 1940

Hi
    I am trying to find some(any) information on my late mother's cousin, Grace Cannon who was born in Philadelphia USA on 25/8/1922 or 25/9/1922(I've seen both mentioned) and died on 21st June 1940, aged just 17.
    My mother had 6 uncles(3 brothers of her father and 3 brothers of her mother) who emigrated to USA between 1905 and 1925 and never returned to Ireland.
    I have found records on many of their descendants, but my thoughts keep returning to Grace,presumably because she died so young. She was the daughter of Patrick Cannon and Mary (Duffy) Cannon.I have located her in the 1940 US census(just a couple of months before she passed away) living with her family at 1435 25th Street, Philidelphia.
    I suppose what I'm looking for is a newspaper death notice or obituary(I know she was probably too young for an obituary), or details of the death certificate or anything really. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Paul.

Her DC is on Ancestry (do you have it?), and she's in an Ancestry family tree.

Good luck with Philadelphia obits. If you figure 'em out, please let me know! I've seen US obits for infants, so I think there could be one.

Comment

Hi PhotoFamily, Thanks for the reply and the information.Unfortunately I don't have Ancestry, but at least I now know that she hasn't been totally forgotten. Would it be possible for you to advise me of the details which appear on the family tree?
      Thanks again.
      Paul

Comment

Bevenour Family tree: Homer person is g'grandson of Patrick Joseph Cannon & Mary Duffy via dtr Mary (1917-2000)

No details abt Grace there.

Comment

DC: Grace Cannon,
          1437 N 25 St
          b. Aug 25 1922, Phila, PA
          Father Patric Cannon
          Mother Mary Duffy
          Informant: Patrick Cannon
          Burial 6-24-1940 Holy Cross, Del (County), PA
          Undertaker Hagerty

Died Jun 21st 1940 of Rhematic Fever (and complications) onset 5/29
          Last edited by PhotoFamily; 12-03-16, 21:12. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Hi PhotoFamily, thanks for the additional information.I will pass it on to my 2 Aunts who are full cousins of Grace.
            Paul.

Comment

This is what findagrave has for all the interments for anyone named Cannon in the Holy Cross Cemetery in Delaware Co, Pennsylvania:
              The World’s largest gravesite collection. Contribute, create and discover gravesites from all over the world. Memorials in Holy Cross Cemetery, a Find a Grave.

Perhaps there are other family members you recognize there? There is a Patrick - he seems to be sharing his plot with someone?

No Grace Cannon listed there - you can register for an account, create a memorial page, and request a photo - keep your fingers crossed, perhaps a volunteer will take a photo. I usually request the volunteer for look for specific family members as well if known (e.g., Patrick and Mary), and ask for them to photo any stones nearby that have family names. Sometimes I ask if they know where to find obits.

Comment

Hi PhotoFamily, thanks for the additional information.I am already registered with Findagrave, so I will see if any of the volunteers state they are willing,if asked, to take a photo at this particular cemetery, and take it from there.
                Thanks again.
                Paul.

Comment

have pm'd you Paul
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Julie.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                    X