How to find page 4 on 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find page 4 on 1939

I was wondering I found my mum in a Holiday Camp for some reason, says occupation School, but on the right it says see page 4 ? what would that mean as I cannot find that page Estella Miller 1939.jpg

I'm not sure why there are two entries for some people, presumably at some point the Register was amended and an entry was duplicated.
    If you look at the "schedule" column it gives a reference of No. 218, sub no. 141.
    If you scroll back through the pages you should get to the same schedule reference - but unfortunately in this case it appears to be a closed record.

Just to show what I mean, there is another entry on the page that your mother appears on - for Florence Elsie Hawkins, schedule no. 218, sub. no. 3
    Following her back in the Register shows a duplicate entry with matching schedule number on this page ..
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      I was wondering I found my mum in a Holiday Camp for some reason, says occupation School, but on the right it says see page 4 ? what would that mean as I cannot find that page [ATTACH=CONFIG]17943[/ATTACH]
      bring the image up click on the right arrow and the page numbers appear at the foot of the page use the + or the - to change the image number to the require image click go and you will be taken to that page

Example
      search for Eleanor Stevens born 28 02 1872
      Just below the first redacted entry is William Ebdon with the note See P 12
      Bring the image up click on the arrow on the right of the image and scroll to the foot of the page
      change the 10 of twelve to read 12 of 12 and click go

The required person William Ebdon is roughly at the centre of the page

Cheers
      Guy
      Last edited by Guy; 08-03-16, 20:09.
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

thank Elaine ,and Guy I cannot see an arrow on the right of the image ?

Comment

.. and Guy I cannot see an arrow on the right of the image ?
          In the example you were looking at there was no arrow to the right of the image! The duplicate entry was to be found by working backwards through the pages, although in this case it was a closed record but not sure why that was the case!
          Elaine

Comment

its the same for her mum one of her brothers is there with her mum but not the other one or her husband ? and there is a closed record on that but only one not two
            Shall try again thanks Elaine.

Comment

thank Elaine ,and Guy I cannot see an arrow on the right of the image ?
              The message I posted was a re-write of my original message and I missed out a line stating the arrows could be on the left of the page the right of the page or either side.
              It depends where in the sequence of pages the image you first access appears.

Cheers
              Guy
              Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Working...
              X