ireland reg district

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ireland reg district

i've found a family i believe could be mine in the parish registers of donoughmore or donachmore, county cork, ireland in the 1830's. i'm not having any luck finding deaths for the parents (may have died pre 1864), can anyone tell me which registration district donachmore comes under?

Google search produced this Kyle if it helps;
    Donoughmore (spelt Donaghmore by Ordnance Survey Ireland; Irish: Domhnach Mór) is a civil and Catholic parish in the barony of Muskerry East, County Cork, ...

Comment

Part of Donaghmore falls within Macroom civil registration district and part within Cork city. It depends on the townland. The civil registration districts are nearly always the same as the Poor Law Unions. You can see which PLU/Civil Registrtaion district covers which civil parish by using this site:

Last edited by Elwyn; 03-03-16, 14:21.
      Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thanks alan, i had googled and donachmore was a reg district, but for a different county. Thanks elwyn, not too much luck under cork, i shall try macroom.

Comment

Have a look at this for the districts http://genealogyresearch.org.uk/IRL_...tricts1871.pdf
          Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X