vertical descendant chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical descendant chart

I used PAF companian to make a coloured vertical descendant chart. I no longer have that PAF program so I need to buy another program to make a chart.
    PAF on the internet suggests some programs to replace it. Any ssugestions?? which does what I want most easily?? Thank you

Welcome to FTF, tudorgal!
    PAF Companion provided some sweet reports. I still have it in my XP emulator.

So, do you want only a charting application? Are you continuing to run PAF, just not PAF companion?

I was comparing PAF-Comp with Family Historian - other FH users may offer better insights, plus I'm using FH 5 - there's another release that's been out a while.

But it provides a similar view. I haven't figured out if I can turn on colors, but it's nice in that I can outline a path thru all the descendants, indicating my direct ancestry.

I've always liked PAF-Comp's Descendant Outline. There are reports out there that come close, but they're not quite as good.

But to run FH, you'll need to buy a copy. It reads gedcom files - you don't have to use it to hold your research (but why not?)

You may be interested in the reference section at ftf:

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X