Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Irish Catholic Registers

Just had this from FMP:

We're excited to reveal the launch of 10 million new Irish Catholic Parish Registers on Findmypast today. Covering the majority of Ireland, this incredible record set includes 40 million names, 3,500 registers and over 1,000 parishes. To celebrate, we're making all 110 million Irish records free for everyone until 7th March. And as a valued member of Findmypast we'll be adding 3 complimentary days onto the end of your subscription.

The direct link for searching these records is here:

For anyone new to these records, be aware that you will often find (inflected) Latin versions of first names, eg Annam for Ann, Maria for Mary, Jacobus for James, Eugenius for Owen, Dionysius for Denis etc.

This is useful for entries in Latin:
    Make sense of the Latin in Ireland's Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriage and burial.

Happy hunting!
    Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 01-03-16, 11:07.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Update: ancestry have also launched their version today and are offering free access to all their Irish collections for the entire month of March.
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Sadly it still gets me no nearer to finding the marriage of my gggg grandparents. Have ploughed through the online images as well :(
      Anne

Comment

Ditto, Anne :(

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Nor me, but many of these records are not on there! The ones I have found by going to the actual church registers are not on these online records so.........!! I might yet have to go to the Heritage Centre

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 02-03-16, 18:48.

Comment

I can't find my great grandfather or his family either:(.....
            Jacky

Comment

Working...
            X