Irish Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Roots

Trying to find out more about my possible great-grandfather Frank Cunningham. From what I can gather, he was born in Ireland on December 2, 1881 (according to his WWI draft card) , came to Philadelphia from Ireland in 1900, and by 1910 he was in the census with a wife, Mary, and daughter, Anna. His wife died July 4, 1925 according to the snippet I can see from her death record on ancestry (membership expired) Also from this snippet I can see a William Gallagher..I believe that is her father so Frank`s wifes full name was Mary Gallagher Cunningham. They lived on Ellsworth Street, and I can find him in every census until 1940, but no other sorts of documents. I am looking for any death records, or anything on his parents, basically anything other then census records, because I cannot find anything else.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Schube424; 23-02-16, 21:58.

Just had a look at Irish civil birth registrations c1881 and there's only one birth for Frank Cunningham born Dec ate 1882 that is in Cork.
    Last edited by JBee; 23-02-16, 22:34.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

When Frank Cunningham signed up for WW2 he states his birth as 18th December 1878. Daughter Anna Marie Cunningham next of kin. Living at 2529 Ellsworth Street.

Comment

There is a death
        Frank Cunningham
        B-22/12/1878
        D- Dec 1964
        Pennsylvania
        Frank was still alive in 1947 as he paided for his son William C Cunningham's B-23/10/1914 Killed in Action 3/6/1947. headstone when was killed in action.Headston at Holy Cross Cemetery, Yeadon.

Comment

Well done niftynannie.

Looking at the births - there's 1 in Apr qtr 1878 in Drogheda, Louth which is too early

but 2 registered in Jan qtr 1879 which would fit in with a Dec 1878 birth.

Manorhamilton, Leitrim - vol 2 page 257
          Carrickmacross, Monaghan - vol 2 page 477.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
            Well done niftynannie.

Looking at the births - there's 1 in Apr qtr 1878 in Drogheda, Louth which is too early

but 2 registered in Jan qtr 1879 which would fit in with a Dec 1878 birth.

Manorhamilton, Leitrim - vol 2 page 257
            Carrickmacross, Monaghan - vol 2 page 477.

Thank you both for your help, but this is not my guy. His son was James J, not James C. Well, onto the next one! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X