1911 Canada census help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Canada census help, please

familysearch.org has a 1911 census transcription (no image) for Arthur Abel, born England Nov 1883, single, lodger, resident in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

I am trying to find the image on the Libraries & Archives Canada site, but with no success.

I find the site picky and precise, with no error margins. So if anyone has time to do a look up for Arthur on a third site and let me know District name, District number. sub district name & number and page number, hopefully I will be able to enter these on the search page of the Canada site (without using any names)and call up the image.

No big problem as it can go onto the "library list" for a look up on Thursday, I just get impatient!

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

I wonder whether this might be the right image (I searched keyword - Moose Jaw, surname abe*, province - Saskatchewan)

Jackie

Comment

Thank you, Jackie - that's my man.
      Awful lot of lodgers around - wonder if it was some kind of logging camp or something similar?? Anyway, looks a good place for hiding out from an irate prospective father-in-law and a shotgun wedding back in Yorkshire!

ETA - silly me, I see they were railroad workers
      Very grateful for your time.

Jay
      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 22-02-16, 21:22.
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
        looks a good place for hiding out from an irate prospective father-in-law and a shotgun wedding back in Yorkshire!
        There must have been easier ways to do that
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X