A little mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little mystery

Hiya guys, I'm not sure if many of you remember but I have an Elizabeth Phillips born on 27th March 1887 in Stockton-On-Tees that I could never find after 1911. Well I used her first name & birthday on the 1939 to narrow down possibly matches against locations as well as trying the Phillips bit and in both searches I came up with a record.

Hindson Household
    Elizabeth Hodgson (Phillips) is single & a paid house keeper in Middlesbrough which is Stockton's neighbour.

I myself haven't been able to match any further records after this so is there a possibility that there's an in-correction somewhere?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

This is the entry if anyone else wants to find it.

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

I think she was Phillips as a single woman and then changed her surname to Hodgson. Under the address it looks like it says HAA.M. There may be more but the old bit of sticky tape is covering it. There's a list of abbreviations here and HAA means Cumberland Carlisle

There is an Elizabeth Philips (with one 'L' in the register) marriage to a Hodgson in Carlisle in 1945 so that may be worth looking at.
    Jackie

Comment

Oh thank you for that. I've been stuck on this person for 3 years I think and with your help I've managed to finally close the link on her. I could barely see those little abbreviations myself at the library and certainly wouldn't have understood them myself.

I did as you suggested and looked at the marriage which led me to a death 9 years later in Stockton, although during that time frame we went under the Durham South Eastern bit.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Hope you manage to tie up all the loose ends
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X