Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry free this weekend

19-21st Feb

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

I have just been looking at FMP and am slightly tempted - I never could understand the website in the past but ...............?
    However, what ancestry have done to the Trees on their site (and I don't give a damn whether they think my tree is their own) I really do not like. I have done no research as such since the Tree was Americanised and stylised!
    How do other folk find both of the above sites - I realise it is personal choice and what folk are used to but would be interested. I did upload my Tree onto FMP and notice it is fairly similar to the way ancestry used to be.
    I actually have difficulty viewing my Tree on ancestry it is so crowded in with unnecessary things added by ancestry. Unfortunately I don't really trust any website now hence the loss of enthusiasm.
    Is this the end of my research I wonder? Sue

Comment

Sue, I think we mentioned previously that you can stop all those extra things showing on your Ancestry Tree. I find it very clear to see and use. I am gradually working through each person on my tree, which I only uploaded in January. So far I have reached 'H' ..... there's a long way to go! LOL
      I also tried the FMP tree but found it a bit cumbersome and was put off by the fact you can't make it public. My whole purpose of putting my stuff online is to make it all freely available.
      For general research I use Ancestry and FMP equally as they have different data available.
      Anne

Comment

Thanks Ann - hadn't seen the FMP Trees before but have now put a copy of mine on there and found it very easy to view so far. The reason for particular interest in FMP is the large number of Irish records they have - I must admit in the past I have found FMP cumbersome to use to search. Sue

Comment

Glad you've found one that suits you. The FMP searching is a bit different but you get used to how to get the best from it.
          Anne

Comment

Working...
          X