Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1939 Register - how long should I leave it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register - how long should I leave it?

In the early hours of Tuesday morning I asked for about 30 households to be opened (all in the same street) but have only had 2 of the requests acknowledged.

Now do I wait and see what happens (if so for how long?) or do I re-ask for all those other households to be opened.

Was it a glitch or is it just a long queue?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Originally posted by JBee View Post
    In the early hours of Tuesday morning I asked for about 30 households to be opened (all in the same street) but have only had 2 of the requests acknowledged.

Now do I wait and see what happens (if so for how long?) or do I re-ask for all those other households to be opened.

Was it a glitch or is it just a long queue?
    Did you send off all those certificates? Wow!! With the certificate then about 10 days ... without proof of death, then they won't open it.

At the outbreak of World War II, the government urgently needed to know everything it could about the civil population of England and Wales. This info...
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

FMP do reserve the right to limit the amount of requests to open records from one user.
      Maybe requesting 30 records to be opened at one time was thought to be too many.

It might be worth requesting again but only a few at a time.

Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Guy

I didn't realise how many there were until I counted them up afterwards. They did say proof of death had been uploaded successfully each time though.

Was so anxious to get in before the site crashed that I just kept going until I'd finished the street we think JB was living in (wish we could have just asked them to look for her in one street but don't think that was possible).

We have only one death certificate so far which we hoped was the right one of several possibe JB'S. Once the household is pinpointed and this first try unsuccessful we can send off for more death certificates for JB's on the list of possibles.

I didn't see anything about limiting the number of requests at a time and am reluctant to submit more requests if the others were still in a queue waiting to be processed.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Well what fantastic service from FMP - I've had 27 replies back even though they hadn't acknowledged receipt. So that's 2 days instead of 10.

Still about 4 or 5 to come - hopefully with one a result for the right household.

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
            Well what fantastic service from FMP - I've had 27 replies back even though they hadn't acknowledged receipt. So that's 2 days instead of 10.

Still about 4 or 5 to come - hopefully with one a result for the right household.
            Great work JBee !

Margaret

Comment

Unfortunately none of them had JB in their household.

Will have to cast the net a bit further.

Comment

Working...
              X