Census Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census Trouble

I am back on the trail of my ever so elusive grandfather, James Joseph Cunningham. Here is what I know, per his daughters birth certificate.

FATHER
    JAMES JOSEPH CUNNINGHAM
    AGED 23 (as of January 29, 1941)
    PLACE OF BIRTH - PHILADELPHIA COUNTY

Yep, that`s it.

I have searched 1920, 1930, and 1940 censuses with no avail, even under the names James Cunningham, James J Cunningham, Joseph Cunningham, and Joseph J Cunningham, in Philadelphia and Philadelphia county

He had a daughter with Leona Fennessy in early 1941 and was never heard from after.

Here is where I know Leona was living through the years.
    1930- Tasker Street, Philly
    1933- Dudley Street, Philly
    1950- Pierce Street (presumed, on fathers death cert) Philly

Any help searching the censuses or anywhere else would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Originally posted by niftynannie View Post
    1920 Here is a James Cunningham living in Dudley Street with his parents.
    http://search.ancestry.com.au/cgi-bi...iv=1&ml_rpos=6
    this looks to be this James Sue,

though I suppose that either the daughter could have his name wrong, or for some reason that he decided he didn't like Joseph and did like Francis?

Name: James Francis Cunningham
    [James Cunningham]
    SSN: 162109017
    Race: White
    Birth Date: 8 Oct 1916
    Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Father Name: James F Cunningham
    Mother Name: Elizabeth Applegate
    Death Date: 22 Nov 1994
    Type of Claim: Original SSN.
    Notes:
    Nov 1936: Name listed as JAMES FRANCIS CUNNINGHAM; 06 Dec 1994: Name listed as JAMES CUNNINGHAM

Elizabeth Applegate was James' wife's mothers name. [as per the 1920 cens]

might it be that Shube424 needs to create a tree with all the known James's in to either confirm or eliminate them?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Helpers please note:

There are at least three previous threads about this man and his daughter on here and another extremely extensive thread on ancestry, which helpers might want to read to save them going over old ground.

OC
      Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 05-02-16, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Helpers please note:

There are at least three previous threads about this man and his daughter on here and another extremely extensive thread on ancestry, which helpers might want to read to save them going over old ground.

OC
        Thanks for the 'heads up' OC.

Margaret

Comment

I do not think this is him due to the Francis. I thought it was him originally, living on Dudley Street and all, but I do not think this is him. I keep making trees for potential matches but I always disprove them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            this looks to be this James Sue,

though I suppose that either the daughter could have his name wrong, or for some reason that he decided he didn't like Joseph and did like Francis?

Name: James Francis Cunningham
            [James Cunningham]
            SSN: 162109017
            Race: White
            Birth Date: 8 Oct 1916
            Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
            Father Name: James F Cunningham
            Mother Name: Elizabeth Applegate
            Death Date: 22 Nov 1994
            Type of Claim: Original SSN.
            Notes:
            Nov 1936: Name listed as JAMES FRANCIS CUNNINGHAM; 06 Dec 1994: Name listed as JAMES CUNNINGHAM

Elizabeth Applegate was James' wife's mothers name. [as per the 1920 cens]

might it be that Shube424 needs to create a tree with all the known James's in to either confirm or eliminate them?
            I do not think this is him due to the Francis. I thought it was him originally, living on Dudley Street and all, but I do not think this is him. I keep making trees for potential matches but I always disprove them.

Comment

Working...
            X