kathleen in nottingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kathleen in nottingham

hello folks.....dropping by when I can:o I'm looking for a Kathleen Asher of Nottingham. Asher was her unmarried surname & I know that, after marriage, she had a daughter who would now be in her 50s (Kathleen is definitely dead & I don't know her married name). I've been told she lived on a Victoria Road/Street/Avenue. I've found a couple of Kathleen Ashers in Nottm, but they don't seem to fit & several more Cathryn Ashers (maybe she preferred the name Kathleen) Must be missing somethiing. I want to find out who her parents were, so that I can try to see if she fits in with one of my families.

Thanks

Waves to gg

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by greyingrey View Post
      hello folks.....dropping by when I can:o I'm looking for a Kathleen Asher of Nottingham. Asher was her unmarried surname & I know that, after marriage, she had a daughter who would now be in her 50s (Kathleen is definitely dead & I don't know her married name). I've been told she lived on a Victoria Road/Street/Avenue. I've found a couple of Kathleen Ashers in Nottm, but they don't seem to fit & several more Cathryn Ashers (maybe she preferred the name Kathleen) Must be missing somethiing. I want to find out who her parents were, so that I can try to see if she fits in with one of my families.

Thanks
      How do you know the name is correct?

What is her year and place of birth? Was the daughter her first child? Just trying to get a fix on when Kathleen may have married.

Margaret

Comment

Here's a possible marriage

Kathleen E Asher
        Spouse Surname: Jones
        Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1963
        Registration district: Nottingham
        Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
        Volume Number: 3c
        Page Number: 1021

Margaret

Comment

Here's a possible birth - inferred county is wrong! also name looks to be wrongly transcribed.

Kethleen E Asher
          Mother's Maiden Surname: Wiles
          Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1946
          Registration district: Bristol
          Inferred County: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire
          Volume Number: 7b
          Page Number: 117

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
            Here's a possible birth - inferred county is wrong! also name looks to be wrongly transcribed.

Kethleen E Asher
            Mother's Maiden Surname: Wiles
            Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1946
            Registration district: Bristol
            Inferred County: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire
            Volume Number: 7b
            Page Number: 117
            7b is Basford district.

If Grey knows the name of the daughter her birth cert would be the way to go as it will name both parents won't it?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              7b is Basford district.

If Grey knows the name of the daughter her birth cert would be the way to go as it will name both parents won't it?
              Yes, but I think he is looking for Kathleen's parents so would then have to find her birth and mother's maiden name.

Maybe needn't buy a cert if we had more information to find the people concerned.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks for your replies & greetings ....I'm on my way with this now ! As my family is the Asher family, I'm looking for Kathleen's father to see if he's a part of it. Sorry for the vague infrormation.....a friend got talking to a woman who said she was in her 50s in a doctor's waiting room, & they got to talking about odd surnames & she said that her mother's maiden surname had been a very odd & rare one.....Asher. I wouldn't say it's very rare & it's certainly pretty common in Notts, Leics & Derbys (this doctor's surgery was in one of those counties), so that seems a bit strange (maybe she doesn't get out much) Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X