Date of Birth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of Birth?

I have found date of birth but this only give me the quarter of the birth. Can I find actual date without having to go to the expense of ordering the actual birth cert? Any help please.
    Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

dates of birth sometimes listed in baptism registers
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

If the person died after 1969 the date of birth is included in the death index.
      Anne

Comment

I thank you both for your replies, baptism registers/records sounds right. Unfortunately all parishes do not publish on the internet, I will have to check the parish involved. Death after 1969 not applicable as death prior.
        I thank you both again, my research continues.
        Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

It all depends on when and where the person was born. If they were alive in 1939, but have since died, then you may be able to find them in the 1939 register on FMP, which includes birth date. Both FMP and Ancestry have some school admissions registers, which often include d.o.b., as do some employment records - particularly the railway employment records on Ancestry. I have also found some dates of birth on passenger lists, especially the more recent ones (1950's & 1960's). For more recent births a Google of the name might throw something up - I've even found a few dob's of living relatives on their Facebook pages, though that does feel a little like cyber-stalking!

Comment

A few more possibilities:

- birth announcements in local papers
            - headstone inscriptions
            - military records

Comment

Working...
            X