Ancestry query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry query

Unless I'm being a dweeb (which is entirely possible) it appears Ancestry has changed their policy about access to your trees when your membership has lapsed. Yesterday I was working away fine and this morning my membership has finished and I can't see a dickie - I've logged in but the only page I'm getting is the options for renewal. Previously I thought I could still see my trees just not see any records.........

Any thoughts or have missed something?
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Hi Bo, im in the same position as you, I am not subscribing at the moment, but I can still see my tree, add or delete info or people, but I cant search Ancestry records, what connects you to Ghent, I have a sister who lives there. Robert

Comment

Bo, I think you should still be able to see your tree even if you subscription is not current. Maybe try another browser to see if it makes any difference.
      Elaine

Comment

No subscription with Ancestry and i can view my tree ok

Comment

OK I was being a dweeb - however in my defence I did have to try another browser as it still didn't work on my usual one. Now to visit Quidco and see how much savings I can get on my renewal - it has worked for the last couple of years - I cancelled my subscription a couple of weeks before it was due to renew - then rejoined via Quidco saving many many pounds.
          Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
            OK I was being a dweeb - however in my defence I did have to try another browser as it still didn't work on my usual one. Now to visit Quidco and see how much savings I can get on my renewal - it has worked for the last couple of years - I cancelled my subscription a couple of weeks before it was due to renew - then rejoined via Quidco saving many many pounds.
            You can as save a lot by buying FTM with a subscription included.

Margaret

Comment

If you ring Ancestry to renew and ask they always give a discount (usually 20-25%).
              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                You can as save a lot by buying FTM with a subscription included.

Margaret
                Not any more unfortunately - Ancestry stopped selling FTM at the end of last year.

Comment

That's akin to kidnapping your tree and asking for a ransom!
                  Twiglet

Comment

Originally posted by Richard in Perth View Post
                    Not any more unfortunately - Ancestry stopped selling FTM at the end of last year.
                    Still being sold by some UK retailers.
                    Elaine

Comment

25% cash back with Quidco - had an email from Ancestry offering 20% (basically less VAT).
                      Bo

Comment

Working...
                      X