Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebmd

Is anyone having problems with Freebmd?
    I have been getting "Unable to connect" message everytime I try to go to the site for nearly a week now.

I use it all the time and it has been fine all week (and now).
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Been fine for me too (I'm very glad to say!)
      :D Charney Jo

Comment

Just my computer then. I've asked my computer tech to look into it. Thanks.

Comment

I have been told that it's a problem with Virginmedia. I will update this as I get information. Is anyone else on Virginmedia?

Comment

I am on Virginmedia (fibreoptic cable) and have had no problems accessing Freebmd.
            Cheers
            Guy
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              I am on Virginmedia (fibreoptic cable) and have had no problems accessing Freebmd.
              Cheers
              Guy
              Thanks Guy, I've passed that on to my computer tech who says it must be something local to Lincolnshire, he says he has come across it before, but it took him 2 months to convince Virginmedia that it was a problem their equipment not his.

Comment

I'm with Virgin Media and live Lincolnshire. I'm not having any problems
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Are you trying to open from a saved shortcut/link/my favourite? Sometimes such links can become obsolete and one has to find the site from scratch and store again. I had this happen with familysearch.com several months back, when they made changes to the site, or introduced a new version.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                    Are you trying to open from a saved shortcut/link/my favourite? Sometimes such links can become obsolete and one has to find the site from scratch and store again. I had this happen with familysearch.com several months back, when they made changes to the site, or introduced a new version.

Jay
                    Yes I was, but my computer tech said to try a Google search and click from there, but it still didn't work. I have emailed Freebmd and they are being a lot more helpful than Virgin. I will post the outcome for anyone having the same problem. Thanks for helping
                    John

Comment

Thanks All for trying to help. The problem was that their firewall was blocking me. They have corrected it and now I can use the server.

If it happens to anyone else send an email to - support@freebmd.org.uk - they corrected it within minutes.

Comment

Pleased that you're sorted John

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by John Buxton View Post
                          Thanks All for trying to help. The problem was that their firewall was blocking me. They have corrected it and now I can use the server.

If it happens to anyone else send an email to - support@freebmd.org.uk - they corrected it within minutes.

that IS good to hear John, glad you got it sorted :smilee:
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                          X