Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, with my thoughts

Hi

I need some help in getting my thoughts straight as to the right way to go please? I am searching for my Uncles wife, Eliza Dyer, nee Waller. I believe she was born in 1912, as suggested by the 1939 register in I think the St Pancras area of London. They married and I think moved possibly to the Cheshire area, however, I cannot find a death for her Any suggestions as to how to move forward with this?

Thank you

What is her actual date of birth in 1912 please and was she married to your uncle at the time? Do you know when/where your uncle died?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

On the Freebmd site there is a Dec 1933 marriage in Pancras between Eliza Waller & Arthur E Dyer.

Comment

Liddy. That is the correct marriage

Christine. No,I do not the exact don. I believe my uncle,died in 1965 in Cheshire. Currently awaiting death certificate

Comment

If correct death certificate that should tell you whether she died before or after her husband, also who registered the death.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Was there a birth of a daughter late in life (possibly just after his death).
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

She may have remarried. Is there any indication of this on the 1939 register?

OC

Comment

Chrissie - Not sure if there was daughter born later. If he died 1965 (Ithink) and Eliza was born 1912 she might have been a bit too old to be child bearing

Olde Crone Holden: No indication of re marrying on 1939 register. Eliza's date of birth was 19th October 1912.

Comment

Hi what makes you think they were in Cheshire ?

Comment

Val just something I think I know, no idea where I've got this from, possibly something I was told as a child ☺️ The death of her husband Arthur Ernest Dyer that I have found is in Cheshire and I am currently waiting for death certificate

Comment

I had a look and there are so many Arthur E Dyers aren't there? I remember looking for their children a while ago.
                      I also had a quick look to see if they had left wills but not found anything yet.

Comment

did Eliza have a middle name ? I cannot find a Birth for an Eliza Waller born in Oct 1912 the nearest I could find was an Eliza E Waller Mothers maiden name Rawlings , in June quarter of 1912 ??

Comment

Hi. I haven't found her with a middle name

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
                            Hi

I need some help in getting my thoughts straight as to the right way to go please? I am searching for my Uncles wife, Eliza Dyer, nee Waller. I believe she was born in 1912, as suggested by the 1939 register in I think the St Pancras area of London. They married and I think moved possibly to the Cheshire area, however, I cannot find a death for her Any suggestions as to how to move forward with this?

Thank you
                            Hi my name is Theresa and I am Arthur and Eliza Dyers granddaughter x

Comment

This just shows the value of putting family names out there on the internet, doesn't it?

I hope Gill D will see this and reply to you soon.
                              Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
                              X