Ancestry tree problem, help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry tree problem, help needed please

I have been trying to contact an ancestry tree owner with whom I have corresponded before. We have a long deceased relatives in common but for some reason he has chosen not to reply.

I thought that maybe I should put a tree up containing my relative, his first wife, their two daughters plus the husband and child of the youngest daughter. Hopefully someone else might find my relative and contact me.

I have uploaded the tree twice now and taken it down again because I cannot fathom out how to work it.

When I click on the name of the tree, I am told I have to add another person but I don't want to. The six people in the tree are all I want to be in there. I've tried adding a deceased person called Ayen Other which was accepted but there's no connection between this person and the six in my tree so that was no help. Then I was to make a "home person" which they want to be me. I don't want this so I chose the option of choosing someone from the tree. However, when I enter my relative's surname, there's nobody in the list. The only person in my online tree is the invented Ayen Other.

What on earth have I done wrong?
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 18-01-16, 23:50.
Working...
X