I hope you don't have confusing relationships like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you don't have confusing relationships like this

At age 52, Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman married 18-year-old Mandy Smith, and they later got divorced. Bill’s 30-year-old son, Stephen, then married Mandy’s mother, age 46. If Bill and Mandy had...

at 52, Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman married 18-year-old Mandy Smith but divorced after a year. Bill’s 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy’s mother, age 46.

If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father’s father-in-law and his own step grandfather in law.

How would you put something like this in your tree :-)
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 13-01-16, 13:10.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
    http://unbelievablefactsblog.com/pos...-wyman-married

at 52, Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman married 18-year-old Mandy Smith but divorced after a year. Bill’s 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy’s mother, age 46.

If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father’s father-in-law and his own step grandfather in law.

How would you put something like this in your tree :-)
    With difficulty!! )

Margaret

Comment

Would be the ideal piece of test data for a developer of genealogy software.
      If it could deal with this one, it could deal with anything :-)

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

LOL - except Stephen wouldn't really be his father's father-in-law: he would be his step-father-in-law since he wasn't Mandy's biological father. Nor was he Mandy's biological son since he was the product of an earlier relationship of Bill's. Therefore he could quite easily be shown as a second husband of Mandy's mother in any family tree program, with no conflict issues! Still, I shouldn't think it's a situation that arises too often.
        Last edited by Richard in Perth; 14-01-16, 06:40.

Comment

Working...
        X