Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in providing 'User feedback'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in providing 'User feedback'?

Good Afternoon,I'm currently looking to find family historians who would be interested in providing some 'user feedback' on a website for family historians. Without giving too much away (because I will be collecting first impression/initial reaction feedback), the website is aimed at providing users with an engaging way to record, revisit and share their family history research. If you would like to get involved, please complete the form and I will be in touch.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/177U_hm ... lP5Wg/edit
    Thanks in advance for your interest, Kelly (co founder of the company).

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum. We don't normally allow members to advertise or promote their product but as you seem to be looking for volunteers to provide feedback we will allow the one post.

Perhaps if any members require any further information they could contact Kelly via PM, rather than post their questions on this thread.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 11-01-16, 15:25.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
      Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum. We don't normally allow members to advertise or promote their product but as you seem to be looking for volunteers to provide feedback we will allow the one post.

Perhaps if any members require any further information they could contact Kelly via PM, rather than post their questions on this thread.
      Thanks Chrissie, really appreciate it and apologies if I've posted something you're not typically allowed to post. If you would like more information from me, i'd be happy to provide it direct to yourself as the administrator. It's really useful for me to try this approach in the hope to gain some volunteers for this research and i'm limited on the information I can provide as it's important to gain 'first impression/reaction' feedback on arriving at the website. Thanks again for your understanding and support.

Comment

Thank you Kelly. I have sent you a 'Private Message'. See 'Notifications' at the top of the page.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

What is the reason for needing to be over 30 years old?
          Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
          Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
          Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Hi there, i've sent you a private message as requested by the administrators. Thanks, Kelly.

Comment

Thanks, Kelly, I've read your PM.

Based on the fact you seem so reluctant to provide any sort of information as to what this site is or what it's about, I will have to decline your offer. It all seems far too vague to me, and you may well find that a number of potential customers are put off by this lack of disclosure. I'm not suggesting it's a scam, but it's the kind of vague, 'help us to help you' kind of advertisement that often are.

Best of luck with your feedback gathering, but I think providing a few more details in your Google document would be to your benefit, as personally I am often very sceptical about questionnaires (especially ones involving home telephone calls and other personal details being exchanged) - let alone ones which are for a product which you are providing absolutely no information about.

James

Comment

James, I know which company Kelly represents and can assure you it's genuine, in fact I looked at it myself a month or two ago although I have yet to use it. However, I do know people who are users.
                It seems that she is looking for "first impressions" rather than giving you the website address and letting you look for yourself. It's certainly not a scam!
                Elaine

Comment

I had exactly the same thoughts James but I did some quick research online and found she is in fact a Director of a company that supplies some new interesting family history software Twile.

I did email her with my thoughts on the emails she has sent out through Google+ but have not yet received a reply.
                  I feel there is nothing malicious in her intent just naive to expect people to give the information she wants without knowing who they are giving it to.

Cheers
                  Guy

PS Elaine, I have just seen your post and agree but still feel she should have provided some information to allay peoples fears.
                  I would also add I am surprised that the mods here did not delete the posting or at least add a note that the company had been checked and was genuine before allowing the post
                  Last edited by Guy; 12-01-16, 13:02.
                  Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Just to be clear, I don't think it is a scam, but I'm sure Kelly and her colleagues would have more success if they provided some basic details about who they are and the product they are pushing. There's a difference between wanting genuine first impressions of a software product - completely understandable - and not knowing anything about it.

I know what the Opera web browser is, but I've never used it.

EDIT: Yes, exactly, Guy.
                    Last edited by James18; 12-01-16, 13:01.

Comment

I fully understand your concern James, but just wanted to point out that it is a company that we had previously heard of. We would not have allowed Kelly's post if we thought it was not something genuine.
                      Elaine

Comment

Hello all, I've been in a meeting all day so just got chance to respond. James18 I appreciate you being wary of my lack of information being provided but as Elaine mentioned (very kindly), I am hoping to get first impressions of the website. Elaine, thank you for providing your members with this reassurance, hugely appreciated.
                        Guy, apologies for not responding sooner and you're absolutely right, I think I have been naive. As Guy mentioned, I am a director of new family history tool that I'm constantly trying to get user feedback on in order to build a product that will aid the preservation and enjoyment of your family history research for you and younger generations of your family. I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have so feel free to get in touch. PS I'll revisit my message and try and provide more information - this in itself was useful feedback so thank you!

Comment

Twile has reached the semi-final stage of the Rootstech annual competition for best new product. Saw it on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                            Twile has reached the semi-final stage of the Rootstech annual competition for best new product. Saw it on the net.
                            We have and we're very excited and feel honoured to be part of the event!

Comment

Working...
                            X