Charles Bolders Souter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Bolders Souter

I am having a bit of difficulty in finding information regarding Charles Bolders Souter.
    What I have is.

Charles Bolders Suter b 10th April 1878 living at Capworth Villa Low Leyton, West Ham Essex.

His father was Henry Souter b 1849 Hoxton Middlesex.
    His Mother was Mary Charlotte Whitmell b1851.

He had a brother Harry whitmell Souter b1873
    Brother Christopher H Souter b1876
    Sister Lillian E.M. Souter b1874

I have him in the 1881 census but nothing after that, I have looked at the 1901 and 1911 census but cannot find any entries.
    I have also looked into BMD on Family Search, FMP and Rootsweb but with no luck, plus WW1 transcripts.

If anyone has any information I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

tony Suter

If you've got FMP can you confirm that this is his family in 1901 please?

If so I think this may be him in the Army between March 1900 and 1912. If you scroll through a few pages it gives his NOK although some of the names are slightly different.

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

One of the pages has NSW across it which I presume is New South Wales so I looked for Australian WW1 records and I think this is likely to be the same man

There's a digital copy of his records (all 26 pages of them)

I haven't found him in 1891 yet
    Jackie

Comment

I note that his baptism records are as Charles Bolders Souter, bt his birth registration is as Charles Boldero

Births Jun 1878 (>99%)
      Souter Charles Boldero W. Ham 4a 126

Two transcribers report the same spelling

I looked at the image of the index on Freebmd, and it certainly is Boldero on there.

Is this registration an error?
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

The index was also a transcription, of the details in the birth register, so could easily be Charles was registered with middle name Bolders and the s was mistranscribed as o when the index was made.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

A big thank you Night Owl you were spot on with your research. The Army records made very interesting reading and quite humourous in places as Charles spent quite a bit of time Absent without leave and also disobeying orders. This all explains why I had trouble with my research.
          Thank you again for all your help
          Kind Regards
          Tony Suter

Comment

Thank you Sylvia C for the research that you have done for me which I am extremely grateful. You are correct in what you were saying regarding a registration error in the name Bolders, O instead of the S. I have been busy today double checking the research that I have done and it is all seems correct.
            Thank you all again for all your help.
            Kind Regards
            tony Suter

Comment

Thank you Judith for all your help and you are correct in what you say regarding the O instead of the S in the name Bolders.
              Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Comment

Working...
              X