Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You to those who maintain the Reference Library...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You to those who maintain the Reference Library...

I am trying to help my niece a bit, as she follows up some loose ends. Amongst the info was the fact that Horace William JACKSON (1898-1982) had served in WW1 and was a PoW. I suddenly remembered the Red Cross records that are online, but couldn't remember how to find the link - so I searched the FTF Reference Library and found what I was looking for. I called up the link and searched the ICRC database, and found the target name - and followed the link through to the images of the German PoW data.

This FTF site really has great resources!
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Quite agree, Christine - our reference library is usually my first port of call for new fields of research. (Also when I forget the name of a site I found useful in the past - the link in our library takes me straight there.)

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
    X