Will help please; Metcalfe, Richmond Yorks,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will help please; Metcalfe, Richmond Yorks,

I only have FMP at the moment, if anyone can help with a will look up for 1914 I'd appreciate it.

Mary Metcalfe died June q 1914 age 95 in Richmond, Yorks.

Many thanks,
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

you can search online now I had a quick look 1914 is wrongly transcribed
    this is 1915

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a Mary Metcalfe or Metcalf who left a will and died in 1914 on Ancestry.
      Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 06-01-16, 00:42.

Comment

How do you know there was a Will?
        Nothing is coming up on the Probate Calendar for a death in 1914.
        Margaret

Comment

As Margaret says, there is no sign of a will or probate coming up. The one that Val found in 1915 appears to be a different Mary Metcalfe.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

yes I thought they were the wrong ones but thought Louise could scroll through as I could not find the year 1914 for Metcalfes on there

Comment

If you go to your link Val and then go back one year (to 1914) you will find them on page 2.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ha ha! Who would have expected M to come after D? Just shows you should check it out, even if it seems a useless search result. Well done Chris .... I (for one) didn't bother to look!
                Anne

Comment

nor did I:(

Comment

Many thanks for looking everyone....I wasn't sure if she'd left a will....but she seemed to have a business, so I thought it possible.
                    Val...thanks for the probate link....that's new for me....it's been a while since I did any research & I'm a bit out of touch. Glad to know you're all still here & still helping everyone!
                    Louise x
                    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

you will probably find lots of new things that weren't there before good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X