Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker 2010 for Mac

Hi

Just trying to find something on this version. I wondered if you could search for births on a specific date. I have a new grandchild due on 18th Jan and wondered if there had any previous births on this day, so thought to search but can't find out how to.

Can anyone help?

Are people still using FTM, if not what would you advise I use when I pick up my family tree again.

Thank You
    Researching - Minters (Ash - Kent line), Meads (Essex/London), Hornsby (Essex), Hatherall (Glos), Hall (London & Glos), Crook (Glos), Vince (London/Essex)

Originally posted by textmum View Post
    Hi

Just trying to find something on this version. I wondered if you could search for births on a specific date. I have a new grandchild due on 18th Jan and wondered if there had any previous births on this day, so thought to search but can't find out how to.

Can anyone help?

Are people still using FTM, if not what would you advise I use when I pick up my family tree again.

Thank You
    You can continue to use FTM for the foreseeable future if you don't use it to synchronize with a tree on the ancestry website. It will eventually need replacing as it becomes incompatible with Operating Systems generally as they have ceased making changes to keep it compatible.

The birth index does not show exact dates of birth, only the quarter they were registered in so you cannot find what you are looking for.

There has been a lot of debate about what to use for software on the main Family History Research board so you should check there for what's already been said. Here's the link to the thread http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...-to-be-retired
    Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 07-01-16, 07:48.

Comment

Do you mean you want to search your own copy of FTM for birth dates? I don't know if you can do that because I don't use FTM. Just FYI you definitely could do that with Family Historian software. Although there is not a specific Mac version I know there are Mac users around.
      Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 07-01-16, 09:11.

Comment

If, as Anne said, you want to search your own tree for facts on a particular date, you can use the Edit, Find Individual function (I don't have Mac but I presume the instructions are the same)

Go to Edit and on the drop down list click on Find Individual

In the box that pops up select Birth from the drop down in the top left corner and then put the required date in the next field (how its written in your tree) For example, I know I have a couple of births on 22nd September so I typed 22 Sep.

Click Find and you should get a list of all those who had that birth date in any year
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X