Well...the things you find out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...the things you find out

Just doing some research on my Dad's sister's husband who was the son/grandson of the music hall star Kate Carney. Was a big family mystery who actually was his Mother.

Looking on 1911 census and saw the address of where they lived 221 Brixton Hill....and it's only my dentist that I used when I lived in Brixton, been in there loads of times.

What a coincidence. I love this hobby

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 04-01-16, 21:33.

You'll be able to picture him living there with your mind's eye, love it when something so familiar crops up in another context.

One of our favourite gastropubs locally turn out to have been run by OH's 7x ggf in the eighteenth century - so we always sit in the old part, not the extension out of loyalty to the old boy.

Comment

I used to pass Derby Crown China factory on my way to school every day, only to find out it used to be a workhouse where my great grandfather was in 1841
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

I used to walk past some old cottages in the village only to findout when doing my family tree that one of them was were my 2Xgreat grandfather lived. Also in the road that my husband lived with his parents there is a house that my Grandfather's brother used to live in.

There are so many places on the Isle of Wight that I go past now which my ancestors either lived in or worked in and neither my OH nor I knew.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
          You'll be able to picture him living there with your mind's eye, love it when something so familiar crops up in another context.

One of our favourite gastropubs locally turn out to have been run by OH's 7x ggf in the eighteenth century - so we always sit in the old part, not the extension out of loyalty to the old boy.
          When we go to Norfolk we always have a lunch at The Crown in Catfield - I love to sit there and imagine my 3 x Great Grandfather rolling the barrels and jugging the beer in mid 1800's.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

@Katarzyna

What part of Lincs you from? (If it's okay to ask...)
            Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
            Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
            Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Working...
            X