1911 Census - getting confused over the references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census - getting confused over the references

Please can somebody explain to me (and I'm sure it is simple but I'm not getting it right) which number when you are looking on ancestry at the 1911 census but haven't yet opened the document to view which number is the schedule number? Reason for asking is I'm trying to add relations to the Lost Cousins site from the 1911 census but when I then click on the arrow to check I've entered them correctly I plainly haven't has totally strange families appear on FMP.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Is the schedule number the one in the right hand corner of the image?

Sorry haven't looked at census references for a long time and I think the 1911 census is different iirc.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
      Please can somebody explain to me (and I'm sure it is simple but I'm not getting it right) which number when you are looking on ancestry at the 1911 census but haven't yet opened the document to view which number is the schedule number? Reason for asking is I'm trying to add relations to the Lost Cousins site from the 1911 census but when I then click on the arrow to check I've entered them correctly I plainly haven't has totally strange families appear on FMP.
      You need to look at the transcription on ancestry to get the full reference number - it shows under the name of the person.

The number at the top corner of the household image is the Schedule number.

I don't know what Lost Cousins is asking for but I would have thought you need more than a schedule number to link a name to a record.

I will have a look on the site and see what it is asking for.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks Both - I've sorted it now - Lost Cousins requires the Piece number and the schedule number. I was managing to the confuse them along with the registration district number - luckily I hadn't added to many and I was easily able to amend my error - sadly still no matches.
        Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Bo

I've been a member of LC for years but the only matches I have ever had have been with my brother, lol - and with one other person who I was already in contact. Such a shame as it was a brilliant idea.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X