How to view relationship to me on Ancestry Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to view relationship to me on Ancestry Tree

Anybody know how to do it , I did on the old system but cannot work out how on the new.
    Thanks

On mine it says below the person's name at the top of the individual page. So big I missed it too! LOL
    Anne

Comment

oh I can see people I did on the old system but cannot work out how to make it appear on the new system for new people.

Comment

Thats odd. Each of mine has the relationship under their name. I only put the tree on there very recently.
        Anne

Comment

really ?? let me have another look

Comment

when did that happen, the only ones that showed before were ones I had clicked on to see relationship to me thanks Anne

Comment

Ooops! Had to stop to have my tea! Was going to say I only put the tree on recently but it may have been just before the change. I def did one of them before but not sure about the one I'm working on at the moment.
              Edit to say .... Oh good, you're sorted then?
              Anne
              Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 01-01-16, 19:04.

Comment

That's what I'm not sure about I only had a few checked before, did you enjoy your tea? I am sucking a treacle toffee yum.

Comment

Lots of delicious leftovers from our NY party to finish!
                  Not quite sure what you mean by 'only having a few checked'. I didn't do anything to the data to add the relationships, they just appear there.
                  Anne

Comment

Before the change to the new system if you wanted to see what relationship they were to you ,there was a place beneath the name you had to click on, looks like now they all appear whether you want them to or not.

Comment

Maybe they are still working on it - on one occasion there were no "relationships" when I looked and the last time I went in, on the few people I looked at, there they were! Perhaps they are still working on that.
                      I have, by the way, noticed that erroneous information has been added to my Tree by Anc.co .............added in that part where they put their comments! This is not the story part which I tend to ignore but on the actual details page.
                      I really don't know why I bothered to do my Tree - it certainly doesn't feel like mine any more. Sue

Comment

I know what you mean Sue, again today some of mine have the relationship some dont really odd, have you asked Ancestry about the comments?.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          I know what you mean Sue, again today some of mine have the relationship some dont really odd, have you asked Ancestry about the comments?.
                          No Val, I haven't asked them - I have passed the stage where I want to do battle with them. I have done little or nothing with the Tree since it all changed and I have not renewed my subscription. I have started to put main line of Tree on Family Search but, at the moment am doing no research whatsoever - it is doubtful that I will do any more sadly. Sue - very disappointed indeed.

Comment

Val - the relationship to the person info under the name is a law unto itself at the moment - one moment it's there the next it isn't. Ancestry are very aware of the issue and are as I understand it working to fixing the problem.
                            Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

a while ago I was working on a friend's tree, and the relationship that ancestry was showing seemed totally wrong. I downloaded the tree, uploaded to FH to get the answer. Not sure what Ancestry was telling me!

Comment

thank goodness I wasn't imagining it thanks for telling me that Bo, Photo I really dont understand why they are messing up as they will lose a lot of members.

Comment

Val, I think they have already lost an enormous amount of members. I am sorry to say that even their extremely good value offer for ?membership (can't remember which one but used to be £119 or similar) did not tempt me. I am just tired of being messed around and now sorry I have spent so much wasted time in my retirement years of researching the family ....................enough is enough and I am quite sure there are others who feel the same.

Amazing isn't it, that we provided part of the money for the latest disaster!

Sue
                                  Last edited by Sue1; 02-01-16, 20:38.

Comment

A quick question ................ now that I am not a paying member (paying being the important word of course) can I assume that is why people who are guests on my Tree who are not necessarily members themselves, find themselves no longer "guests"!

Comment

Dont let them make you give up on your tree Sue, it would be so sad and a terrible waste of all you have done, I'm sure you will regret it, like FMP changes I was about to give up but now I rather like it, and am glad I stuck with it.
                                      As for the guests being able to view your tree just googled and no non members cannot, according to what I read.
                                      Last edited by Guest; 02-01-16, 20:52.

Comment

Val: I may come back to it but at the mo I am so tired I can't be bothered - sounds awful but true! Sue

Comment

Working...
                                        X