anybody read this name thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody read this name thanks

I am trying to find this persons Birth once again cannot find anything except this 1880 census for him he was born in Somerset England to a Joseph Taylor and an Eliza Sperring
    His name is the bottom one he is a Painters apprentice in 1880Garric..JPG

Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 29-12-15, 21:48.

I'd say it is Garric - as it's been transcribed, Val.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

thanks thats what I thought but cannot find a record of a birth even near that would you say he is 19 or 13 on that census record ?

Comment

Garric, 19 or 11.
        Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
        Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
        Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

thanks James wonder if maybe that was his middle name as I cannot find a birth anywhere near that

Comment

Hi Val

Long shot but do you know if they're anything to do with this family?

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

If so the daughter's birth would have been registered in Clutton. There is a Joseph Garibaldi Taylor registered in Clutton in Q/E Sep 1861. I found this for him which says he was living in Pittsburgh, Allegheny which is where that 1880 census is and interestingly he called one of his sons Garrie

Jackie

Comment

Nice one, Jackie!

I read it as Garrie before I read all the posts.

OC

Comment

oh you are clever Jackie so there isn't a Garrie its Joseph ? lol

Comment

I am going to contact that fellow maybe he knows what happened to Eliza ,Josephs Mother

Comment

Baptisms for children of William (tailor) Taylor & Eliza. No dates of birth for top 4 all baptised on same day.

George TAYLOR Baptism 31 Oct 1862 Somerset Midsomer Norton (St John the Baptist) [Unspecified] Detail
                    Kate TAYLOR Baptism 31 Oct 1862 Somerset Midsomer Norton (St John the Baptist) [Unspecified] Detail
                    Joseph TAYLOR Baptism 31 Oct 1862 Somerset Midsomer Norton (St John the Baptist) [Unspecified] Detail
                    Henry TAYLOR Baptism 31 Oct 1862 Somerset Midsomer Norton (St John the Baptist) [Unspecified] Detail
                    Anne TAYLOR Baptism 29 Sep 1866 Somerset Midsomer Norton (Methodist) [Parish Register] Born 2 Sep 1866
                    Bessie TAYLOR Baptism 23 Oct 1867 Somerset Midsomer Norton (Methodist) [Parish Register] Born 11 Sep 1867

I noticed that Anne is not listed in the 1880 census.

Moggie

There is a burial for an Annie (infant) on 4th Oct 1866 at Midsomer Norton.
                    Last edited by maudarby; 30-12-15, 09:53.

Comment

The last letter looks the same as the 'e' in Kate above so it could be Garrie.

Comment

Moggie thanks very much you have solved the mystery of the 12th child she had it must be Henry as I did not know about him, did you mean Joseph Taylor and Eliza Sperring and not William as the parents ?

Thanks Galloway she certainly did give her children some odd names.
                        Last edited by Guest; 30-12-15, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          Moggie thanks very much you have solved the mystery of the 12th child she had it must be Henry as I did not know about him, did you mean Joseph Taylor and Eliza Sperring and not William as the parents ?

Thanks Galloway she certainly did give her children some odd names.
                          Sorry Val, senior moment! Father Joseph not William..
                          Mopggie

Comment

thats okay we all have them especially me , that Henry Charles Taylor's Mothers maiden name is Carpenter so not mine after all

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              thats okay we all have them especially me , that Henry Charles Taylor's Mothers maiden name is Carpenter so not mine after all
                              Hi Val this is the Henry bap in 1862
                              Somerset
                              Place Midsomer Norton
                              Church name St John the Baptist
                              Register type Unspecified
                              Register entry number 34
                              Baptism date 31 Oct 1862
                              Person forename Henry
                              Person abode Norton
                              Father forename Joseph
                              Father surname TAYLOR
                              Father occupation Tailor
                              Mother forename Eliza

Moggie

Comment

ah so another Henry I couldn't find that one thanks very much, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X