Marriage help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage help please

I am getting totally confused I have an Eliza Sperring married a Joseph or Joseph George Taylor in 1856 in Bath

On Familysearch there is a marriage for a Joseph George Taylor to either Sarah Morrow or Eliza sperring Sep 1856 5C 1086 15 Bath

There is also another marriage for a Joseph Taylor to either Sarah Morrow or Eliza Sperring Sep 1856 5C 1086 8 Bath

On FMP there is a marriage for an Eliza Sperring to either Joseph George Taylor or Joseph Taylor or Benjamin Slade in Sept quarter 1856

HELP please

don't know why your confused? bath bmd has the marriage of eliza sperring to joseph george taylor at st mark lyncombe, bath 1856.

Comment

I'm confused because there are two marriages for Eliza Sperring one to Joseph George and the other to Joseph according to Familysearch and FMP but both on different page numbers ?
      Thanks for that link but I cannot access it.

Comment

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

On Freebmd the reference is 5c 1086 Bath. 1086 is the page number. The 15 or the 8 you quote have been added by familysearch or by FMP. You do not need those numbers to order the cert.

(She married Joseph Taylor, who was also called Joseph George Taylor, there must be some confusion of the names on the cert)

OC

Comment

thanks both I did manage to use that link and wow I found children I hadn't known about so thanks everyone

I now have another problem if Joseph died in England in 1870 which is what it looks like how did Eliza have another child in 1872 ?? shall have to dig deeper.
            Last edited by Guest; 29-12-15, 00:54.

Comment

Oh dear Val, how to tell you about the birds and the bees, lol!

OC

Comment

His name was William Fisher Grimes Taylor and the local Tax Collector was ? William Fisher Grimes, Jackie found this attachment for me
                William Fisher Grimes.jpg surely hero worship gone too far

Comment

Working...
                X