1939 Register improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register improved

FMP seem to have automatically opened many previously closed records, so you should all go through your saved searches and see if there are any new people opened. 50% of mine have.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

oh thanks for that

Comment

I understand they have matched dob's from death records after 1969 (GRO) against birth dates as given on the 1939, so that will indeed open quite a few closed recordds.

OC

Comment

they have added another 2.8 million records according to my email

Comment

If they could do it that quickly they should have done it before launch. I am a FMP subscriber so I got some closed records opened for free but if I had paid £25 for each I would be pretty annoyed now.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I saw they had announced new records but thought it would just be the 100 year releases but I have just been back to look at a record I bought for the address my mother was living at in 1939 and - voila! she's showing - born 1917 died 1991 so it must be death record matching.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
              FMP seem to have automatically opened many previously closed records, so you should all go through your saved searches and see if there are any new people opened. 50% of mine have.
              Thanks for letting us know. I've now found my late Mum living in Cheshire! That is one piece of news confirmed that my Mum told me about. Prior to that she was living in London in 1935.
              teresa

Comment

Still of no help in my search for my Mum and three of her siblings :(

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                  Still of no help in my search for my Mum and three of her siblings :(

Jay
                  If you like you can pm me with a scan of any death certs you have. I am always interested in looking at certificates.;)

Comment

Thanks for the offer, Webwiz, but I can't scan anything at the moment as my printer has broken. :(

I'm not sure where my late mother (b 1921) actually was when the register was compiled. She was employed in Northumberland until the outbreak of war, when her employer packed up the house and went back to her parents on the Isle of Arran - initially mum could have travelled to Scotland with her to settle in the children. Unfortunately her employers were always referred to as "Mr & Mrs B***,” so without forenames I cannot even be sure which household to identify or to attempt to unlock.
                    As one of Mum’s siblings (b 1919) died in 1982, I had hoped that her record would have been indexed, but no luck as yet.
                    I think it's a case of playing the waiting game until more deceased persons are gradually added.

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

maybe she was in the forces in 1939 my aunt was and she was born in 1923

Comment

I thought the 1939 only covered England. and Wales. Does it cover Scotland too?

OC

Comment

I thought she meant her employers went back to Scotland ?

Comment

Yes, but Jay thinks her mother might have gone with them to help them settle in.

OC

Comment

My Nan was the only one on the address originally, but I knew my Mum was with her, now she has appeared.

Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X