Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be any free access this holiday season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be any free access this holiday season?

Hi

I am out of practice with family tree stuff and have not been able to devote much time to it recently. I remember in previous years Ancestry and/or Find My Past have run days with free access over holiday periods.

Does anyone know if anything similar is happening this holidays?

Thanks in advance
    :D Charney Jo

ancestry are currently advertising on itv for a 14 day free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Charney Jo View Post
      Hi

I am out of practice with family tree stuff and have not been able to devote much time to it recently. I remember in previous years Ancestry and/or Find My Past have run days with free access over holiday periods.

Does anyone know if anything similar is happening this holidays?

Thanks in advance
      I'm keeping a beady eye out and always post on here if I find anything worthwhile - fingers crossed as there's usually something on offer over the hols...
      There's currently a good offer (valid until the end of December) for the British Newspaper Archive - 1 month's access for £1. I'll post full details on a new thread shortly...

Christine
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks Christine. I have a 1 month FMP subscription which includes the BNA, doesn't it?

GallowayLass - do I need a new account to get the free 14 days?

Comment

I don't know Jo. Small print in TV adverts flashes on and off far too quick for me to catch it. Try googling for their 14 day trial and using that link login with your usual details. You may get lucky. If you are, then don't forget to go the my account page and untick the auto renew. Same applies with auto renew if you have to use a new email address.

Comment

Thanks Christine. I have a 1 month FMP subscription which includes the BNA, doesn't it?
            A findmypast UK sub gives you access to the British newspapers. I'm not sure whether it gives you access to the Irish papers in the collection as well. I suspect not...
            I have worldwide FMP so can access British, Irish and world collections.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I keep an eye on this website to see what offers are on ....

Discount codes for genealogy record sites including ancestry.co.uk, findmypast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk, genesreunited.co.uk and family tree magazines.

STG
              Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks STG, that's a really useful site.

It's a shame, almost all of my family are Londoners so Ancestry is the best site for me but they never seem to do deals

Comment

Thanks STG, that's a really useful site. It's a shame, almost all of my family are Londoners so Ancestry is the best site for me but they never seem to do deals
                  CJ, I see on http://www.genealogydiscount.co.uk they have an offer for 40% OFF Ancestry subs at the moment!

Comment

Sign up with Ancestry, but cancel before the end of the 14 day free period
                    Then you have to weeks free access
                    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Researching:
                    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

There's free access expiring today (probably midnight Eastern time but I'm not sure) to a few Ancestry collections - mainly American though or stuff that's free access whether you have a sub or not (eg findagrave collections) . You can see a list here (make sure you scroll down to see all).

I had a go on the US school yearbooks which I'd never thought to look at previously - found some good photos.
                      Christine
                      Researching:

Comment

Working...
                      X