Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry tree - how to get a photo to show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry tree - how to get a photo to show?

I have a photo available in the Gallery for a person but can't work out how to get it to show on the tree view. I've been using the "new" ancestry since it became available and know I've managed it before. It's one I've copied over from someone else's tree (they've got a few of mine). Got to go to work shortly so apologies if I don't reply for a while.

There is section on this link called Media Gallery which should answer your question.
    Elaine

Comment

Am I right in thinking we must use the new look ancestry from now on? I'm sure I'll get used to it but as a very new user of trees I had just been through the learning curve of how to do it all. Now got to start again!!
      I'm not keen on the complete list of family events under each person. Its a bit hard to see the wood for the trees. Is there any way to cut out all the births and deaths of siblings? With families of 10 or 12 the list is enormous!!
      Anne

Comment

Yes, you will need to use the new version as of yesterday (UK) or today (US).

To switch off the Family Events and/or Historical Insights you use the drop down menu next to the Add button on the FACTS page of any profile or under the Show button on Life Story. They will then be switched off for the whole population of the tree.

Out of interest - I have to use Firefox for Ancestry as none of the links work in Chrome - it used to be fine then it became a problem for a few weeks, then it was fine again for a few weeks and now it's not OK again, It seems to be roughly at the same time as their various upgrades/changes and does not relate to any changes that I make so I hope it will sort itself out again.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Ah! Brilliant, thank you! That looks much clearer now.
          I'm using Chrome, Caroline. Seems to be OK, although I'm just getting used to the new system. Should be doing Christmas stuff but can't resist a quick injection of Family History!!
          Anne
          Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 15-12-15, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            There is section on this link called Media Gallery which should answer your question.
            http://ancestryuk.custhelp.com/app/a...0ancestry#res4
            Thanks Elaine, that helped me fix it.

Comment

I wondered why I couldn't go back to the old search yesterday:( but to be honest it made me try it and I sort of got on with it okay.

Comment

Having resigned myself to the fact that "old" ancestry has gone forever, I have been having a good look at the new setup. There is one thing I just cannot find - how do I get into the bit where it shows who the guests are on my Tree - can get into the list of Trees but that is it - I also cannot see the Trees I am a guest on - I am obviously missing something here - advice please. Sue

Comment

There's a black toolbar at the top Sue, click on "Trees" and there's a drop down list of all the trees you have access to.

Comment

No, that's wrong, back in a minute when I've checked.

Comment

OK, top left, just below Ancestry toolbar you should see the name of your tree with a wee downward poiting arrow, click on that and select "View Tree Overview" which wil give a list of people invited to see your tree.

Comment

Many thanks Jill ................. do you know also how I view the Trees I am a guest on - haven't seen them at all. I suspect it will be in the same place but can't find! Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                          There's a black toolbar at the top Sue, click on "Trees" and there's a drop down list of all the trees you have access to.
                          That's the one.

Comment

Click on Trees scroll down to Create and manage and then at the top click on Trees shared with me.

Comment

Thanks Val - thought access to other Trees might have been dispensed with!!

Comment

Working...
                              X