Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been a member for many years all of a sudden I find that I am not able to LOG IN. This only appears to have happened since the TT saga but maybe it is something that I have done. Of course I have now managed but it was long winded.

A friend typed a letter on my laptop a while ago and maybe they touched something. How can I remain Logged In please? ( I have about three sites that have this problem).
    Last edited by Margaret N; 12-12-15, 22:39.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

when you log on Margaret tick the box underneath that says remember me

Comment

Have you started using CCleaner recently? That clears out all cookies every time unless you choose to tell it not to touch some.
      Anne

Comment

ooh yes another possibility

Comment

Your browser settings may be clearing cookies on exit.
          Elaine

Comment

This thread jogged my memory. Recently I updated the I-pad with the latest version and had been finding that since that every time I opened the forum I had to put in
            my user/password, went back to settings and lo and behold the cookies had been turned off. Now ok, amazing things cookies.:o
            Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

especially ginger nuts

Comment

Depends whether the falsies can crack 'em, Val.:D

David

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I have just looked at settings and found that 'delete history on exit' had a tick - have now removed it so will see what happens. I have not opened the box since setup millions of years ago.

grumpy, just took a look at the clock etc under your name and the first thought was Why am I Freezing in this room! I then noticed that you were in distant parts isn't technology marvellous and of course this site excellent.

Seasons Greetings To All.
                  Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Dont think you will find that will help Margaret, you need to see if you have something set up to delete cookies.

Comment

Margaret N, and it is getting hotter.

David

Comment

Val, Why do you think that 'delete history on exit' is not the correct box in internet explorer? Please can you guide me to the correct settings on windows 7. I have searched settings on this site tonight and could not see anything to help in the list. I always tick the box on this site.

I got on tonight first time but I did use the site earlier today on my tablet and that is OK (touch wood).

Look forward to your excellent knowledge.
                        Margaret N

Comment

Margaret, if it's working OK for you now I wouldn't change any other settings!
                          Elaine

Comment

Margaret I am always learning just like you , but am sure that only deletes stuff you have been looking at its nothing to do with cookies , and as Elaine says if its working now I would leave it.
                            Are you ready for xmas ?

Comment

Working...
                            X