ancestry comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry comment

had an e-mail to say a comment had been put on my tree on ancestry but I cant find where the comment is. Any guidance to find it please?

Does it tell you that it refers to a particular person in your tree? If so go to their profile and you should see a "view comments" tab.
    Elaine

Comment

yes tried that and cant see where it is. Will look again

Comment

no cant see anything however the e-mail says the name of the person making the comment but dont know how to search for them

Comment

have you seen this might help this is from Ancestry help

If it's an actual comment on a person (Not a comment on a photo or story attached to a person) the easiest way to find it is go to your tree, click on "tree pages" then "tree overview". In the column on the right you'll see a section called tree summary, click on comments there and it'll show you all the comments in your tree with the most recent one at the top of the list.

Comments on photos & stories don't work that way though, for them the best thing to do is read the email to see who the person is and what the name of the photo or story is, then you can go look up that person in your tree, go to the photo or story, and see what the comment is. Personally I end up ignoring most of these--they've got the photo/story comment systems set up like a discussion forum, where if someone makes a comment on a photo a message will go out to every person who has attached that photo/story to their tree.

Comment

tried all this but cant see it anywhere. I dont actually subscribe so wonder if I cant see it because of that

Comment

Is it a public tree - if so send me the person's details and I'll see if a comment comes up.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thank you to those that tried to find the comment.... How silly is that, I get an e-mail to say there is a comment on my tree but nobody can find the comment. I cant contact the person as I dont subscribe....lol If I get time I will go to the library as there is free access and see if I can contact the person. I just hope the comment is well worth all the trouble to find it...

Comment

The person who posted it may have deleted it??

Comment

Thats true larkspur but she must have deleted herself too as she isn't in the members directory? at least not under the name she uses.

Comment

Very odd

Comment

I get these messages all the time
                        "so and so has added a comment to the record or so and so" or "A comment has been added to the census record of so and so", yet when I go here there is nothing at all.

I don't bother even reading the email message anymore

Researching:
                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                        X