Military Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Info

Hiya all,I am trying to find if a relation was in the forces and had any medals, but I have not been able to find any info,could anyone advise please, I am looking for Arthur Jesse Boon, born Dec 1908,lived in Hatfield and married to Olive Edwards.

Ron

HI

only found his birth , baptism, marriage and death. Nothing in the military that I can see. Not all records are out for WW2
    Last edited by Janet H.; 03-12-15, 17:53.

Comment

Not everyone served in the Armed Forces - he may have been in a reserved occupation, Merchant Navy or even a Bevan boy,

WW2 records are difficult to access even if you have details of his service.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

WW2 records (apart from Merchant Navy) haven't been released yet. You can apply for them, though, if you are next of kin, or with the permission of next of kin, or even, if they died quite some time ago, limited records without permission. Details are here

The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X