Are there any Canadian records for this period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Canadian records for this period

I have a man on Ancestry's Canada voters lists on and off until 1974 ,the next time I find him is his Grave in 1987 in The Forest Lawn Cemetery in Canada , although I cannot find his death record.
    Are there any records for the period between 1974 and 1987 thanks
    I believe he lived in Scarborough Ontario right up till his death.

I don't think you will be able to find Ontario death records within the last 70-75 years online anywhere.
    Have you tried findagrave or Billiongraves?
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

you might find an online obituary if you're lucky.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks both I was hoping to find where his second wife was buried too but cannot find a thing not even a grave.
        I am coming so close to finding out what he was up to after he dumped his wife here and bigamously married another.
        His Headstone picture has the words The Canadian Gravemarker Gallery and he was a Freemason so was hoping there would be something about his death
        Last edited by Guest; 30-11-15, 20:51.

Comment

Val .............

all I could suggest is that you google for an obituary, using Scarborough as the base for newspapers.

His obituary might have been in the Toronto published paper, The Globe and Mail
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Do you want to post some details about him and second wife (is she definitely dead?) to see if we can find anything?
            Christine
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

BTW ............... Val, in case it helps ............ Scarborough is now considered a part of Toronto, but was a separate municipality or city up until 1998.

Try Googling "scarborough ontario newspapers" .............. there seem to be several mentioned, and obituaries mentioned. Be warned, the obituary sites may lead you back to ancestry, and the correct sub needed to see them
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

thanks for that Sylvia and Christine I'll try the papers again if I get stuck I will put the details on here, his second wife died as it says her name and late wife on the Grave.

Comment

Working...
                X