1939 Register!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husband and wife both living at the same address but I have had to pay twice to get them
    both!!!

Linda

Why? Surely when you bought the first one you had access not just to the household image but also the whole page of the register, so neighbours as well. I should email them to ask for units to be refunded.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
      Husband and wife both living at the same address but I have had to pay twice to get them
      both!!!

Linda
      How did you have to pay twice?
      Do you really mean you paid twice because you forgot you had already purchased the image?

When you pay for a household you get an image of either one or two pages of the register. If the household covers two pages there is an arrow mid way down one side of the screen if you click on that arrow you reveal the second page (either the page before or the page after).

Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

are you saying that it would accept you paying twice ? surely it should say you have already purchased this ? I do hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          are you saying that it would accept you paying twice ? surely it should say you have already purchased this ? I do hope so.
          Why should they, we are supposed to be adults responsible for our actions, who don’t need nannies to guide us through life.
          If I were to go into a shop and purchase a newspaper then on the way out purchase it again, they would not question whether I wanted another copy of the same paper. That would be seen as questioning my sanity.
          If I purchased a certificate from the GRO then a few minutes later purchased another copy of the same certificate that would be supplied no questions asked so why should an online company hold my hand and tell me I had already bought it.

We have to take responsibility for our own actions.

Cheers
          Guy
          Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
            both!!!

Linda
            That's odd! when I searched for one of my aunts the image I got showed her, her husband and their first daughter who died young. I can also see their neighbours on the page - mind you my mother (for whom I was looking) is closed - died in 1994 and also closed is a cousin who has died but again not noted in their records.

Margaret

Comment

I have just experimented by searching for an aunt who was in the same household as my mum. I had previously purchased the household record for mum. When I clicked preview and then view image for my aunt I was taken straight to the full record. No question of having to purchase again.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                I have just experimented by searching for an aunt who was in the same household as my mum. I had previously purchased the household record for mum. When I clicked preview and then view image for my aunt I was taken straight to the full record. No question of having to purchase again.
                That sounds more like the normal procedure for FMP.
                Margaret

Comment

Guy

Aha! I once ordered a marriage cert from Blackburn RO and they phoned me and asked me if I really wanted it as I had already purchased that certificate about 3 months before!

(But perhaps they felt sorry for a poor bewildered old woman?)

OC

Comment

Thanks for verifying that Judith that's what I would expect to happen seems reasonable to me ,Guy I dont expect them to tell me I have already purchased a certain name but would expect it to know I had purchased the household.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      Guy

Aha! I once ordered a marriage cert from Blackburn RO and they phoned me and asked me if I really wanted it as I had already purchased that certificate about 3 months before!

(But perhaps they felt sorry for a poor bewildered old woman?)

OC
                      That was very good of them. I wouldn't have expected that, actually.
                      Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
                      Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
                      Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Working...
                      X