Registering family tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering family tree

I purchased FTM platinum and in the quick start instructions with it it says:
    the first time you open the program youll have the opportunity to register your software
    you can register any time by selecting "register ftm".
    does this mean I can start doing my tree with the details I have and when I have more time
    I can register and then take advantage of the links and search aids that my membership
    provides from the date I register
    as it may be 2 months before I can sit down an devote my time to this project and I
    don't want to waste 2 months of membership
    brian
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

There are two different processes.

Register - you register your Family Tree Maker software with your personal details, name, address etc. It will also ask for an email address and it's best to use the same one that you have used to register with Ancestry (if indeed you have already set up an Ancestry account).

The second process is activating the free 6 month subscription which comes with the package. You can do this when you install the program, or you can ignore and activate at a later date. To activate sub at a later date, click on HELP >>> ACTIVATE ANCESTRY SUBSCRIPTION

You can do either of these two processes at any time you want. There is no harm in registering when you install the program, doesn't make any difference to the way it works although you will find it brings up "hints" from Ancestry as you enter your data. Should you wish to view these hints then you would of course need the Ancestry subscription.

If you don't intend to do much over the next two months then defer activating the subscription until such time as you need it.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine
      thank you that is what I was hoping I could do
      brian
      avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
      researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Working...
      X