FindMyPast offer - 75% off annual world sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FindMyPast offer - 75% off annual world sub

Even though this is a findmypast USA offer for Thanksgiving, you don't have to based in the USA to avail of it - provided you're prepared to pay in US dollars. It works out at about £33 for the year so a real bargain.
    As usual, if you subscribe to this offer, remember to untick the auto-renewal box if you don't want to end up paying the full annual sub the year after.

More details on Claire Santry's blog here:

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

thanks for that just paid by visa and it accepted it what a bargain, mine wont start till the existing one runs out in February

Comment

Val, is your existing sub a UK one or a USA one?

Comment

its a world wide one but dont think it matters this new offer is just inactive till my present one runs out.

Comment

Sorry Val, I didn't put that properly. I meant is your current sub through the .co.uk site or the USA .com one?

Comment

Its the UK site I just clicked on that link above applied the code and paid for a year with a normal credit card no problem at all

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
              Sorry Val, I didn't put that properly. I meant is your current sub through the .co.uk site or the USA .com one?
              GallowayLass,
              I really don't think it matters which branch of findmypast you may have a current sub with. Just follow the instructions in Claire Santry's blog and see what happens. Here it is again: http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/20...count-for.html

Christine
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you Christine. I got it. Just the usual subscribing as for UK. Have remembered to remove 'auto renew'

Vera

Comment

It sounds like a great offer. Don't forget that your bank is likely to make a charge for currency conversion though. I imagine it will still be a great offer though even with that added.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you Christine.
                    AUDREY

Comment

It's just told me that it's expired!

Comment

Originally posted by julite View Post
                        It's just told me that it's expired!
                        Are you logging into www.findmypast.com
                        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for the reply Elaine

I automatically go to fmp.co.uk. Just tried fmp.co. - signed in, accessed my sub history (expires next April), but can't seem to find how to subscribe using the code - it just gives a list of my payment history - subs and credits. What should I be looking for?!

Judith

Comment

Try the link in the first post.
                            You will see a link to "FindMyPast USA's subscription page" in the second paragraph.
                            Click on that and enter the code THNKSGNG15.
                            Click apply.
                            Click on SUBSCRIBE and it should take you to the payment page. Before you enter your credit card details you can see the subscription details on the left of the page. You can either go ahead and enter your card details at this stage - or back out!

You may find that as your current sub doesn't expire until April they may not let you access the offer - but you can try!
                            Elaine

Comment

Bingo - many thanks, Elaine, for your clear instructions - my sub now expires in 2017 - and many thanks to Christine for the original post.

Judith

Comment

oh good
                                Last edited by Guest; 26-11-15, 20:11.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll have a go tomorrow.

Comment

One word of warning. I've just tried it and it expired my existing sub just 5 months in :( Will have to call them tomorrow.
                                    Rick

Comment

thats odd Rick mine is still active and the new one says inactive till the date the existing one finishes

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                        thats odd Rick mine is still active and the new one says inactive till the date the existing one finishes
                                        That's what I was expecting to happen, but the new sub is now active and the old one has been marked as expired.
                                        Rick

Comment

Working...
                                        X