1939 record unlocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 record unlocked

I have had a record unlocked after submitting a death certificate by email.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

how long was it before they did it ?

Comment

do they charge for unlocking a record?
      Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
        do they charge for unlocking a record?
        Not if you're a subscriber to FMP, otherwise the TNA charges you: http://www.findmypast.co.uk/frequent...e-this-for-me-
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks for the link Caroline ... some useful info

if you're a Findmypast subscriber, we'll open the record for free. If you're not a subscriber, this request will go via The National Archives, who will charge a flat fee of £25.
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            how long was it before they did it ?
            I applied soon after the register was released. Free as I am a FMP subscriber.
            Last edited by webwiz; 19-11-15, 09:45.
            People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
            Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

I have got a sub and I have got the death cert so going to apply thanks

Comment

I applied a day or two after the register appeared online and yesterday got emails for two of the three records I applied to have opened. Hopefully the third will soon follow. There are still two locked lines in the household. I will ask my aunt if I can get a copy of my uncle's death certificate as he died a couple of years ago. The last one however is for an uncle who just died last month. I couldn't ask for a copy of that, so I'll have to buy it myself. Once all those are opened, I'll consider buying credits to see the image.

Comment

I have 2 locked people on a census ,but am not sure who they are , so how can I get them unlocked ? if its who they should be one would definitely be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    I have 2 locked people on a census ,but am not sure who they are , so how can I get them unlocked ? if its who they should be one would definitely be dead.
                    Val, do you mean on the 1939 Register?
                    If so, you need to preview the household in which the "officially closed person" appears, click on UPDATE THE RECORD and select ASK US TO OPEN A CLOSED RECORD.

You then complete the form, attach a death certificate for whom you think the close record applies, and submit. If the death certificate is for the closed person, then FMP will unlock it. If it's not, then you are back to square one!
                    Elaine

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmm thanks Elaine , yes it is the 1939 but it could be anyone she had 15 children and one is showing as unlocked on 1939 the one I am not really interested in ,although I do have the death certs for all of them, I might end up putting a look up request to see where he was before and after 1939.

Comment

If you have all the death certificates I wonder how FMP would react if you sent scans of them all saying take your pick it must be one of these!??
                        Anne

Comment

Anne

Comment

Working...
                          X