Ancestry - UK switch over to new version is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - UK switch over to new version is

is 15 Dec - just popped up on my front page.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

What new version? Didn't we get a new version a while ago?
    Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
    Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
    Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Some people have chosen to stay on the old version James but from 15 Dec they won't have an option :(
      Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

oh rats!!!

Comment

I cannot get on with the new search I hate it :(

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            I cannot get on with the new search I hate it :(
            Not quite sure what you mean by this Val. Apart from a change in the colour scheme, there has been no change in Search in New Ancestry at all. The only changes are in the tree-building part of the site. Search has remained unchanged since April 2014 when they switched off Old Search.
            Rick

Comment

That's what I use Rick the tree building bit, I very rarely use it just to search for a record.

Comment

That's what I use Rick the tree building bit, I very rarely use it just to search for a record.
                Aha - I was just confused by you calling it search. Are you having trouble with something specific ? I've been using the new version since the beginning of August, so if you need any help please ask.
                Rick

Comment

nice of you to offer Rick but I suppose I should give it a proper try, to my mind it gives too detailed records ? but I will ask if and when I get stuck;)

Comment

nice of you to offer Rick but I suppose I should give it a proper try, to my mind it gives too detailed records ? but I will ask if and when I get stuck;)
                    Give it a go now while there's still time to experiment and ask questions as it will save on frustration later Your comment still sounds like you are talking about search results to me. It's not something as simple as it has changed the view from Categories to Records in your searches is it ? If so, just click categories to group the results up again Capture.JPG
                    Rick

Comment

thanks again Rick suppose I shall have to get used to it , I did get used to the new FMP eventually and I love it now.

Comment

The switch on the 15th December is only for the USA and Australia - not the UK.

Ancestry, Лондон. Отметки "Нравится": 2 416 045 · Обсуждают: 898. Ancestry is the UK’s favourite family history website. If you need Customer Support, please contact 0800 404 97 23.

"....... Currently the notice for the new site switch over is for the US on 15 Dec 2015 and Australia on 14 Dec 2015. We have yet to receive any information for the UK site. However, please note that the information that you have on your tree in the old site will still be on the new site.
                        If you need additional assistance, please feel free to reply to this message.
                        Sincerely,
                        Ancestry Social Support Team"
                        Caroline
                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

"That's what I use Rick the tree building bit, I very rarely use it just to search for a record."

Val do you mean you pay the subscription just to put your tree onto the ancestry site? If so , and you do not search the records, there are certainly cheaper ways to have your tree online.

Comment

Hi larkspur , I do have my tree in a few places besides Ancestry ,I also use FTM , Tribalpages GR and FMP.
                            I do search the records but mainly through my tree on there, as I prefer that to the FTM , I do update that too.
                            Last edited by Guest; 18-11-15, 20:58.

Comment

To simplify my records I'm printing off the profile page for each of my direct lines - which on the old version takes one page. On the new version it adds all sorts of events tied to the person which seem to be about 5 pages long.

At least I know I've got until the 15h Dec to complete the task.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                                To simplify my records I'm printing off the profile page for each of my direct lines - which on the old version takes one page. On the new version it adds all sorts of events tied to the person which seem to be about 5 pages long.

At least I know I've got until the 15h Dec to complete the task.
                                Sounds like you are in Lifestory. Have you clicked on Facts ? Capture.JPG
                                Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X