FTM 2011 help needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011 help needed please!

Worked perfectly fine the last time I used it - about six months ago - but now when I click on New, and then download tree from Ancestry, I get this error message. Doesn't matter whether I click Yes or No, the message won't go away.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks in advance
    STG

FTM message1.jpg
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

If you haven't used the program for a while then check there are no updates to download.
    Help >> check for updates

Also, check Java is up to date.

Some suggestions on this link - no idea if they help at all

.. other than that - use the freephone no. to Ancestry to see if they can help!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Tried that, but it didn't work. Rang Ancestry who initially said it was because I was on Win10, but when I pointed out I got the same message on my Win7 laptop the story changed to, ah well, that's a technical issue; support know about it, but haven't given us a date when it will be fixed. He talked me through how to download it as a Gedcom and then open it in FTM.

So, sorted.

Thanks again.
      STG

Comment

Sounds like they are fobbing you off! Problem with downloading as a GEDCOM is that it will be data only and wont contain images/attached documents.
        If you previously had your tree linked to Ancestry, have you tried severing all links between FTM and Ancestry and downloading as a new tree.
        If you have the disc I would also try reinstalling the program.
        As said before, make sure Java is up to date.

You might find the folks on this message board may be able to help - worth a try
        Elaine

Comment

I'd saved all the media (census, baptisms etc) into a separate folder already, so I'm OK on that.

Bit puzzled about Java. Not entirely sure what it is, but have seen mentions when I'm indexing for FS. Had no problems with that.

Think I'll leave things be for now unless/until I hit another problem.

Thanks again.
          STG

Comment

Working...
          X