Having family tree printed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having family tree printed

I want to have my family tree printed as a birthday present for my uncle, but I don't even know where to start, any advice please

I had mine printed but had far too many generations on mine so its like a roll of wallpaper and cant do anything with it. I suggest you only do 4 or 5 generations so that you can then put it in a frame to hang on the wall

Comment

that's good advice because that's what I want him to be able to do, where can I find the best place to get it printed, I would like it to have an aged look about it.

Comment

genealogyprinters.com

I had one printed a while back. Brilliant job. You just send them your gedcom.

Comment

Thanks Margaret will go have a look, I want this to be special for him

Comment

Ron, who runs the company used to be a member of this site. Unsure if he still looks in. The result was amazing.

Comment

Thanks Margaret that's what I want an amazing looking tree, think my uncle deserves it, have emailed the site so hopefully will have a lovely family tree for him soon, thanks

Comment

Agree with Margaret. Ron also printed one for me and he does a great job.
                Jenny

Comment

A little late but I totally agree genealogyprinters aka Ron is great and really helpful - I've had a couple of trees done by him. One was for a family reunion a couple of years ago and it is 25ft long and everybody who attended really enjoyed sticking flags into it to show who they were descended from - he also did excerpts from it for me which are a much more manageable size for wall hanging. He did/does the trees for a BBC Wales TV show version of who do you think you are.
                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Thanks everyone, you are all correct he was very helpful and as I type this my uncles tree is heading this way. Thank you so much for your help with this

Comment

Working...
                    X