Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Google search- help!!

Hi all
    Is anyone having issues with Google search please? On my lap top if I type anything into Google search the page just comes up blank and that's it!
    we have Windows 7 that operates our computer but never had an issue before-

Any suggestion? Anyone else had issues?

love to hear from you

Caroline

Not today Caroline, but funnily enough yesterday I was having that problem with all my links for a couple of hours, including FTF.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Pookie, I also had problems, download Google Chrome and use that, no more problems!!
      Toby.

Comment

I can't find anything on Google search either. When I try it just comes up with 'Oops, we have a problem'. As I'm with TalkTalk I assumed it was something to do with their Cyber attack so if I need to search I use Firefox which works OK.

Comment

Pleased you posted, tms11.
          I'm another Talk Talk client and haven't even been able to access their google search box for some time. I have a short cut for Yahoo, so have been using that.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Glad someone else is having the same problem as me. My computer has just been in for its annual check up and since it came back a few days ago I've had trouble with the google search page. Bing keeps coming up when I open a new tab and then Google doesn't want to play ball. I'm also with TalkTalk but I suspect that is nothing to do with it.

Comment

Hi, I live in OZ so I dont know about Talk Talk. With Google search I ,and many other people, had a problem where a web page would not come up and we had to"recover web page". Then someone told me to download and use Google Chrome (free) never had any problem at all after that. You guys in the UK must be able to get Chrome? Dont bother with the "ordinary" Google Search though when you click on the Chrome search icon, it appears to be the normal Google Search, but is not!
              Cheers.
              Toby.

Comment

Thanks to all for your comments, it's reassuring to know others are having/ had problems. It seems to be fine now for how long of course who knows!
                it works using google chrome but oh not keen on using that one, no idea why better not to ask!
                Dont think Talk Talks issues have anything to do with it though, we're not with them.
                The vaugeries of computers are a bit like science fiction to me unfathomable!!
                Caroline

Comment

Working...
                X